The RadControls folder was not found

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Dai Thanh
    Dai Thanh avatar
    4 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2010 Link to this post

I use radcontrols Editor 2.0 to custom field in sharepoint ,it is inherited from SPFieldMultiLineText (type name: myrichtext), when i run on sharepoint  , its ok but when i use sharepoint designer 2007 i receive error  " Failed to render 'column name A' column because of a error in the 'myrichtext' field type control. see details in log. Exception message: the RadControls folder was not found."

Thanks
    Thanh
  2. Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    12851 posts

Posted 27 Jul 2010 Link to this post

Hi Thanh,

RadEditor 2.0 is designed to work on Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003 or Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 2.0. Version 2.0 of RadEditor for SharePoint is released years before the official release of SharePoint 2007 and it does not support it.

If you would like to use RadEditor on SharePoint 2007 then you should upgrade at least to RadEditor for MOSS v.4.x which is developed especially for SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS).

All the best,
    Rumen
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items