An employee forwarded this to me the other day:
The Klingon Programmer's Code of Honour
All Klingons who develop code for the glory of the empire follow this "Code of Honour" for software "code warriors".
- Specifications are for the weak and timid.
- State-of-the-art hardware is a prerequisite to do battle with code.
- One cannot truly appreciate "Dilbert" without reading it in the original Klingon.
- Indentation is for enemy skulls, not code.
- Klingons do not "release" software. Klingon software escapes, leaving a bloody trail of design engineers and quality assurance people in its path.
- Klingon function calls have no parameters. They have arguments! And they always win them.
- Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
- Quality Assurance issues are best solved with a Batleth.
- A true Klingon warrior does not comment his code.
- Our users shall know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!
- Klingon software does NOT have BUGS. It has FEATURES, and those features are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand.