Text verification for certain characters fails in Chrome

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Marcel
    Marcel avatar
    6 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2011

    Posted 18 Mar 2011 Link to this post

    Hello,

    I've encountered a problem when verifying text in Chrome.
    Characters such as ó and ë are correctly displayed in the browser
    and in the page source, but for some reason the test runner
    doesn't verify these characters correctly. I've tried performing
    tests on various different websites showing special characters.
    The tests pass in IE, but not in Chrome (I don't know for Firefox).
    In the screenshot you can see the result of one such test.

    Kind regards,

    Marcel
  2. Greg Schnider
    Greg Schnider avatar
    10 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2010

    Posted 21 Mar 2011 Link to this post

    I am seeing a similar issue.

    When retrieving extended character set characters (eg. Greek or any of the Asian languages)  from a Chrome browser via a <elemnet>.InnerText call, The text being returned is not in the proper encoded format.

    The same issue is NOT being seen in IE or FF browsers.

    Greg
  3. Stoich
    Admin
    Stoich avatar
    1 posts

    Posted 22 Mar 2011 Link to this post

    Hello guys,
       I couldn't reproduce this. Could you please attach a simple test that demonstrates the issue. Please make sure the I'll be able to run the test (i.e. it test a publicly-available application).

    Hope to hear from you soon!

    Regards,
    Stoich
    the Telerik team
  4. Marcel
    Marcel avatar
    6 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2011

    Posted 23 Mar 2011 Link to this post

    I've made a test that verifies a part of my first post in this thread. It passed for IE and failed for Chrome, but after downloading the latest internal build the test passes for both browsers.

    Kind regards,

    Marcel
  5. Konstantin Petkov
    Admin
    Konstantin Petkov avatar
    1911 posts

    Posted 24 Mar 2011 Link to this post

    Hello,

    Yes indeed, we fixed such a problem with the latest build (2010.3.1502). Please let us know if you still get issues like that running the latest build.

    Best wishes,
    Konstantin Petkov
    the Telerik team
Back to Top
  Cast Your Vote at DevPro Connections! Cast Your Vote at  Win IT Pro Connections!