This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Testing with Sharepoint 2010

3 Answers 58 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Marko
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marko asked on 16 May 2011, 12:15 PM
Hi,
is it possible to use this tool for UI testing on Sharepoint 2010?

Can you provide me with some additional documentation/examples/resources about that?

Best regards,
Marko

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 17 May 2011, 06:42 PM
Hi Marko,

We haven't done any testing with Test Studio against Sharepoint 2010 so we can't definitively state whether or not this works (let alone have any documentation to offer). The guideline to follow is that we can work with anything that is HTML or Silverlight based and runs within Internet Explorer. We don't work well with other types of content (e.g. Flash or embeded PDF's or Java applets, etc.).

Greetings,
Cody
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Alan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Dec 2014, 07:10 PM
I know this post is 3 years old, but I must reply. There is a worldwide lack of useful SharePoint test tools, and if Telerik would produce some, or at least indicate Test Studio works with SharePoint, I'd be all in for ordering it.
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 02 Dec 2014, 08:23 PM
Hi Alan,

Test Studio works with most HTML, Silverlight and WPF applications. It doesn't have anything built-in special for SharePoint but we have made it powerful enough and flexible enough to work on nearly all HTML based web applications including SharePoint. We have multiple customers using Test Studio to automate testing of their SharePoint site and/or add/on.

Regards,
Cody
Telerik

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Marko
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by