This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Test Studio R1 2011 SP1

13 Answers 206 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Madhu asked on 09 Jun 2011, 03:20 PM
Hello Support,

I see this morning in my Telerik account  Test Studio 2011.1 609 is available for download, is this Test Studio R1 2011 SP1 ?
Because,  last week I have received an email from Telerik saying that "Test Studio R1 2011 SP1" will be shipped next week!

Thanks,
Madhu.

13 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jun 2011, 03:37 PM
Hi Madhu,

Yes, this is exactly the Service Pack. Please let us know of your feedback about the new build as soon as you get a chance to play with it.

Best wishes,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jun 2011, 11:47 PM
Hello Konstantin Petkov,

I see couple of issues with new R1 SP1 (Test Studio 2011.1 609) release. 

I successfully updated from version 502  to above version.

1. While opening existing projects getting "Error loading referenced assembly: ArtOfTest.Comman, Version=2010.3.1421.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKey=14a****** Do you want to remove this Reference? (Screenshot attached)

2. Extracted steps are failing with failure information: Value Cannot be Null.

------------------------------------------------------------
'6/10/2011 4:54:57 PM' - 'Pass' : 71. Wait for 'DetailsTextBlockTextblock' text Same 'Save Trade Completed'

'6/10/2011 4:54:57 PM' - 'Pass' : 72. Wait for '500' msec.
'6/10/2011 4:54:58 PM' - 'Fail' : 73. Extract TradeDateDatepicker's selected date is 5/25/2011
Failure Information: 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
InnerException:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at ArtOfTest.Common.Design.Extensibility.ExtractionDataStore.AddToStore(VerificationDescriptor descriptor, DescriptorValueStore values)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.Execution.ExecutionEngine.ExecuteStep(Int32 order)
'6/10/2011 4:54:58 PM' - Detected a failure. Step is marked 'ContinueOnFailure=False' aborting test execution.
'6/10/2011 4:54:58 PM' - Overall Result: Fail
'6/10/2011 4:54:58 PM' - Duration: [1 min: 21 sec: 954 msec]

Thanks,
Madhu.
N1t1nA
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jun 2011, 01:20 PM
Hello Support

I am also getting the error message while launching the existing project
See attached Snapshot 
Daniel Djambov
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jun 2011, 02:10 PM
Hi Nitin, Madhu,

The message box you are seing is because in the latest release, we removed the assembly in question, which was used in older releases. It is intended to show this dialog and ask you if you want to remove the reference, which is no longer valid. Once you do this, it will never ask you again and your project will load and execute normally.

Madhu, about the second issue with the failed extraction step 'Fail' : 73. Extract TradeDateDatepicker's selected date is 5/25/2011" we are unable to reproduce this beahvior. Can you describe what this step do? Because the extraction is supposed to get value and store it in local databound variable, to be used later in the test. But from the step description I see, there is no databinding for the extraction step - did you rename it? If you could provide a simple project with such step or URL where we can see it we will be able to find understand the problem well.

Thank you in advance,

All the best,
Daniel Djambov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jun 2011, 05:06 PM
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for clarification about removing assembly references.

From New R1 release onwards (not SP1), some of the extraction steps are not showing local 'DataBound variable name' in test steps (Fail' : 73. Extract TradeDateDatepicker's selected date is 5/25/2011) but it is included in properties of the element (screenshot attached).

These type of extraction steps are not showing 'DataBound variable name' in test steps, there will be some more but I found these ones:
               Extract TradeDateDatepicker's selected date
               Extract DataGridCell text

Some of the extraction steps DataBound variable name you see in screenshot, I entered manually to make the difference (especially, which is not contains "text content into DataBindVariable $(****)" .

So, these type of steps are failing in new R1 SP1 release.

Failure Information: 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Value cannot be null.

Thanks,
Madhu.

Madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jun 2011, 10:39 PM
Hi Daniel,

Here is the sample application for this issue.

Also, attached project files (URL: http://cpc.itenso.com/)
Execute attached project files you will see error: Value cannot be null.

Thanks,
Madhu.
Madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jun 2011, 03:01 PM
Hi Daniel & Support,

Did you get a chance to look at this issue?

Most of my scripts are failing due to this error!

Thanks,
Madhu.
Stoich
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jun 2011, 01:16 PM
Hello Madhu,
    I can confirm that this bug has been resolved. The fix will make its way into our next internal build. We hope the build will be ready by the end of the week.

Regards,
Stoich
the Telerik team

AJ
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Jun 2011, 08:55 PM
I'l like to verify whether the problem I'm experiencing is the same as what you've been discussing in this thread.  I'm tyring to add in an extraction step for my Silverlight datpicker element and bind it to a variable.  I've not done this before in our scripts.  I'm getting the same error, Value cannot be null, but my step does contain the words  'DataDriven' in it.

So can you verify whether this is the same problem?  Also, you mentioned that the fix would be in an upcoming internal build.  Is there a logged PITS issue to track this?  (I saw a similar issue ID 6495 - "The given key was not present in the dictionary" error with Silverlight DatePicker Verification", but wasn't sure whether this was applicable).

Thanks! 

Log Details:

'6/24/2011 1:32:56 PM' - 'Fail' : 34. Extract MmDdYyyyFlexibleinputdatepicker's selected date is 6/25/2011 - DataDriven: [$(ServiceFromDate)]
Failure Information:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Value cannot be null.
InnerException:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at ArtOfTest.Common.Design.Extensibility.ExtractionDataStore.AddToStore(VerificationDescriptor descriptor, DescriptorValueStore values)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.Execution.ExecutionEngine.ExecuteStep(Int32 order)
'6/24/2011 1:32:56 PM' - Detected a failure. Step is marked 'ContinueOnFailure=False' aborting test execution.
'6/24/2011 1:32:56 PM' - Overall Result: Fail
'6/24/2011 1:32:56 PM' - Duration: [1 min: 48 sec: 514 msec]
'6/24/2011 1:32:57 PM' - Test completed!
Anthony
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jun 2011, 06:18 PM
Hello AJ,

Your issue is in fact different. I have reproduced this locally on Internal Build 2011.1.624 and filed a bug for it.

You can track the PITS Issue here: Public URL.

Greetings,
Anthony
the Telerik team
Register today for a live 'What's New in Test Studio R1 2011 SP2' event on Tuesday, July 19 at 2pm EST!

Have you looked at the new Online User Guide for Telerik Test Studio?
Madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jul 2011, 11:06 PM
Hello Support,

Any update on this issue, in PITS the status shows 'Open' and 'Not Scheduled'; all our DatePicker extracted steps are failing.

Thanks,
Madhu.
Anthony
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jul 2011, 11:31 PM
Hi Madhu,

I'm glad to report the issue is resolved. I just retested this with yesterday's internal build and did not receive an error. That means our next minor release, SP2, will contain the fix. That should be out next week.

Greetings,
Anthony
the Telerik team
Register today for a live 'What's New in Test Studio R1 2011 SP2' event on Tuesday, July 19 at 2pm EST!

Have you looked at the new Online User Guide for Telerik Test Studio?
Joel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jul 2011, 05:54 PM
That's great news...looking forward to the fix!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
Madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1