This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Temp Key File after updating to 2011.2.11.72

5 Answers 65 Views
Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
Karl asked on 25 Jul 2011, 01:26 PM
I updated to the today to 2011.2.11.72 and my Solution Explorer is now showing a temporary key file called testenv1_TemporaryKey.pfx. Do I have to be concerned - how is that changed.
Karl

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jul 2011, 04:48 PM
Hi Karl,

I just verified that the RadControls for WinForms distribution doesn't contain this kind of a file. What is the solution you opened?
Could it be that you clicked the "Show All Files" button in the Visual Studio Solution Explorer, which triggered the display of the file?
Or, could it be that a team member of yours added that file to the project under source control, which the Get Latest version retrieved?

Best,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jul 2011, 12:40 PM
Hi Erjan,

What is the solution you opened?...
Sorry, it can be seen in the solution explorer.

It can be seen in the solution explorer all the time.

and I work solo - no other team members - sometimes on my laptop (weekends) and sometimes on another machine.

Best Karl
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jul 2011, 12:54 PM
Hi Karl,

Sorry for the misunderstanding:

I performed a check of the entire RadControls for WinForms Q2 2011 (2011.2.11.712) distribution and could not find a pfx file.
Such a file doesn't exist in the Live Demos solution, nor in the other folders of the distribution.

Is it possible that you have installed a third-party plugin to sign the assemblies, or something alike?

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jul 2011, 09:18 PM

Hi Erjan,

I would like to send you that file, but your system does not allow the type.

I do not have any other tools.

testenv1_TemporaryKey.pfx (testenv1 = name of project)
Do you have any file extention with .pfx?

Kind regards,

Karl

Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jul 2011, 11:27 AM
Hi Karl,

You could open a support ticket, zip the file and attach it there. Posting files in the public forums isn't allowed for security reasons.

By the way, a pfx file is a portable protected key. It could have something in common with your computer's security. Please, verify the information in it before sending.

The Telerik tools don't generate/extract a pfx file.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Tags
Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1