This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik with VS 2013

20 Answers 1046 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Raghu
Top achievements
Rank 2
Raghu asked on 16 Dec 2013, 03:42 PM
Does anybody use Telerik Controls with VS 2013?

I am a licensed user for Telerik Controls.

I am able to use them in my VS2012 environment, but unable to do so in the VS2013 environment.

The Telerik Control Panel doesn't seem to understand that I have VS2013 installed on my computer.

20 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 17 Dec 2013, 09:17 AM
Hi John,

Thank you for contacting us!

Telerik components provide the same integration in Visual Studio 2013 as in Visual Studio 2012. One possible reason for the Control Panel to not detect Visual Studio 2013 on your machine is if you are using Express edition of Visual Studio. Currently automatic integration is supported for Visual Studio Professional or higher edition. If you are using the Express edition you can still work with the Telerik components you just can't make use of the Visual Studio integration.

I hope this helps. Should you need any further assistance don't hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Petar
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Piotr
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Dec 2013, 10:10 AM

Hi.

I can repeat this issue and confirm. Telerik Installer is not detecting VS 2013 on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.

During installation only present VS 2010 is detected please, check attached screen.

Best regards

Piotr

Dyanko
Telerik team
answered on 21 Dec 2013, 12:28 PM
Hello Piotr,

Thank you for the attachment.

As a part of the Kendo UI Complete for ASP.NET MVC product we distribute the Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC Visual Studio Extensions. For the just passed release the extensions do not support Visual Studio 2013 and this is the reason for the missing Visual Studio 2013 Support option.

That means that you won't be able to use the Telerik menu and the commands it provides, also the Telerik project templates. In other words you'll have to manually set up and manage your Kendo projects. The Kendo product itself fully supports Visual Studio 2013 and you shouldn't experience any problems with it.

Currently we are working on the Visual Studio Extensions for the Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC product and they should be ready for our next release.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance

Regards,
Dyanko
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Topher
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jan 2014, 09:20 PM
Greetings!

Just wanted to follow up with this topic... Last I saw the Kendo UI and Telerik extension full feature set of functionality for ASP.Net MVC 5 and VS 2013 was set to be release in mid January. Tentatively, of course. Has a date been finalized? Mid January '14 is pretty much here and these features are required for several projects.

Thank you!
Raghu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 09 Jan 2014, 07:06 PM
I am not using the express edition. I am using the Vs2013 professional.
Dyanko
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jan 2014, 09:51 AM
Hi Christopher,

I have great news.

The Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC Visual Studio Extensions are now available in the Visual Studio Gallery. They also will be included in the next release of the Kendo product. The following steps will help you to download the Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC Visual Studio Extensions for Visual Studio 2013:
  1. Start your Visual Studio 2013
  2. Open the Extensions and Updates manager from the Tools menu
  3. Click on the Online tab on the left side of the window
  4. Type Telerik in the Search Visual Studio Gallery search box
  5. Select the Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC VSExtensions and click the Download button
  6. Follow the installation steps

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Dyanko
Telerik
Harnis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jul 2014, 04:13 AM
When I install this.... then display some information in notepad... information like :-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You might get a warning in the DataContracts project saying

"The primary reference "System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations", which is a framework assembly, could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework."

This is caused by the fact that I use a Portable Class Library for the DataContract part of the solution and it appears that Visual Studio has trouble resolving it.
You can find it at the following path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETPortable\v4.0\System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can recreate the database straight from the OpenAccess entity viewer but just encase you can also download it from here.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33166191/WcfIdentityScripts.sql

The current project WCF project is configured to run on NetTCP port 444 the setting is located in the Web.config file. However remember you also need to
enable NetTCP bindings and all the rest of it or use a different protocal.

Updates
18/12/2013 Added DeleteAsync method. Forgot it first time round. Whoops!
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jul 2014, 11:33 AM
Hello Harnis,

Thank you for writing. Is there something that we can help you with?

Regards,
Petar
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Kousican
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Feb 2015, 02:13 PM
In my system i have vs2010 and vs2013 . Telerik menu present in vs2010 but i am not able to find in vs2013.In vs2013 Avialable add-ins- Telerik Data Access is missing. How to include ?.
Kousican
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Feb 2015, 02:40 PM
Adding to above thread : In my system VS2010 and VS2013 both Professional
Steliyan
Telerik team
answered on 05 Feb 2015, 04:19 PM
Hello Kousican,

Thank you for contacting us.

It seems that our VS extensions are only installed in Visual Studio 2010.
To install our VS extension in Visual Studio 2013, you can follow these steps:
  1. Run your Visual Studio
  2. Go to TOOLS > Extension Manager > Online Gallery
  3. Search for "Telerik ASP.NET MVC"
  4. Install the extensions

Please let us know if your case is different.

Regards,
Steliyan
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Kousican
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Feb 2015, 05:12 PM
Followed the direction. Still its missing. Please find out the attachment of Screen capture.
Steliyan
Telerik team
answered on 09 Feb 2015, 07:22 PM
Hi Kousican,

As what I can see from the attached screenshots, you successfully installed our VS extensions and you should see the Telerik menu and start using them.

In case the Telerik menu is still missing would you please check in the Extensions and Updates manager if the Telerik.CommonPackage is not disabled? If this is the case enable the Telerik.CommonPackage and the Telerik menu should appear in your Visual Studio.

Please let me know how is it going.

Regards,
Steliyan
Telerik

Kousican
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Feb 2015, 09:50 PM
Hi, I am not able to follow your direction. Difficult to find Telerik.CommonPackage. Could you please guide me or provide screen capture.
Dyanko
Telerik team
answered on 12 Feb 2015, 01:39 PM
Hello Kousican,

Sorry for the confusion. Usually the Telerik.CommonPackage is available under the Installed tab of the Extensions and Updates manager of Visual Studio 2010, but it should look like the image in the attachment:

I would suggest to check if the Load per user extensions when running as administrator option is enabled in your Visual Studio and enabled it if it is not. Here are the steps you need to perform to do that:
  1. Launch your Visual Studio
  2. Open the Options dialog under the Tools menu
  3. Select Extensions and Updates sub tab under the Environment tab
  4. Check Load per user extensions when running as administrator option if not

Let me know how is it going.

Regards,
Dyanko
Telerik

Kousican
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Feb 2015, 01:47 PM
thanks for reply. Issue resolved by re-installed the Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2014.
Riaz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jul 2015, 05:24 AM
Hi, Petar, I am using Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate edition, can I use Telerik controls?
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jul 2015, 09:33 AM
Hello Riaz,

Thank you for contacting us.

Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX does have support for Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate edition and you should be able to use UI for ASP.NET AJAX controls without any problems. Could you please share with us if you have faced some difficulties in using them in your Visual Studio? Please take a look at the following documentation article which will help you to get started with Telerik ASP.NET AJAX Visual Studio extensions.

Should you have additional questions or need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Yana
Telerik

Nikita
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Dec 2015, 05:35 AM

Hello,

I was previously using visual studio 2012 professional edition. I have changed to visual studio 2012 expression edition. For some reason I am unable to change the html content to telerik controls. Please Let me know where I might be going wrong.  I have attached the code below.

hoa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Dec 2015, 03:43 AM
thanks you so much! it's work
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Raghu
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by