This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik.web.ui.dll Version 2013.1.417.45 Upgrading problem

10 Answers 1589 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Harikrishna
Top achievements
Rank 1
Harikrishna asked on 29 Apr 2013, 09:07 AM

Hi, 
am working with an application in asp.net. In my application have some Telerik controls of version 2012.2.815.40. That application is working fine.

I Upgraded telerik controls to Telerik.web.ui.dll Version 2013.1.417.45 into my application.
When an application is build its getting errors like, 
"The type or namespace name 'Telerik' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)" 

Please tell me the solution as soon as possible

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 29 Apr 2013, 02:14 PM
Hi,

When adding a reference to your project be very, very careful that you pick the Telerik.Web.UI that matches your version of your .NET framework.

You could also check if you have the correct version of the DLL in the bin folder of your project and namespace is added on page. Also, remove the old references in the code-behind file as well.

You can find detailed upgrade instructions in this blog post: Upgrade the Version of Your Telerik ASP.NET Controls in 6 Easy Steps.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Harikrishna
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Apr 2013, 05:17 AM
Hi Rumen Thanks for reply,

How to find whether the Telerik dll new version supports .NET Framework?
I  am working with an application in Visual studio 2012 for web. This application is developed by using Telerik 2012 version in vs.net2010.
I didn't install radcontrols in my system. I have only new dll. i.e, Telerik.web.ui version : 2013.1.417.45.
In my application I want to upgrade from telerik version 2012.2.815.40 to 2013.1.417.45. when am adding the new dll to my application its getting the above error. How can i resolve this problem? Plz send me the solution.

Harikrishna
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Apr 2013, 07:05 AM
Hi, 
   I resolved my problem. I have changed  TargetFramework 4.0 to 4.5. Telerik 2013 dll supports .net framework 4.5 only its doesn't support 4.0. so am gettting that type of errors in my application.

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 30 Apr 2013, 09:55 AM
Hi,

The Telerik.Web.UI.dll version 2013.1.417 supports .NET 3.5 (2013.1.417.35), 4.0 (2013.1.417.40) and 4.5 (2013.1.417.45). You can find the Telerik.Web.UI.dll assembly compiled against .NET 4.0 inside the Bin40 installation folder as shown in this video: http://screencast.com/t/BsSRtp3IoXB. My suggestion is to use and reference the 2013.1.417.40 version of Telerik.Web.UI inside your .NET 4.0 project.

All the best,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Deekshit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jun 2013, 07:02 PM
Hello!

I am doing a website project in VS 2010 in .Net framework 4.0. Recently, I have started using telerik contols and used Telerik.Web.UI.dll file 2013.1.417.40 version. I don't have any problem when running it in my local system. But the same project while I am running it on my hosting server, it is showing some error message, i.e. could not load or find the Telerik.Web.UI  assembly.

Need suggestions to solve it! If possible, please reply me with the assembly reference for telerik.web.ui in web.config file.

Thanks,
DK

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: none Line: 0

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. 
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jun 2013, 10:04 AM
Hello DK,

I think that the information from this documentation topic will help you eliminate the exception you currently get. Just scroll to the Unknown server tag/Could not load file or assembly errors section and try the suggestions.

Best regards,
Rumen
Telerik
Shivlila
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jan 2014, 08:55 AM
Hi,

Currently we are using Telerik.Web.Ui with 2012.3.1205.35 version, and our framework version is 3.5. Now we wanted to upgrade it to the latest version to access latest RadEditor 7.35. So please let us know from where should we get the latest version DLL (plz provide the link) and let us know what steps we need to follow to upgrade it.

Also there are below DLL used in our project, then do we need to upgrade all these DLLs or is it fine if we will upgrade Telerik.Web.UI DLL only?
1. Telerik.Web.Design
2. Telerik.Web.UI
3. Telerik.Web.UI.Skins

Thanks,
Shivlila
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 22 Jan 2014, 09:50 AM
Hi Shivlila,

Please have a look into this documentation to upgrade the Telerik version.

Thanks,
Shinu.

Vineet
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Feb 2014, 04:22 PM
Hi, I am working with an application in asp.net MVC 2.0 and using Telerik.Web.Mvc  version : 2010.2.825.235. Please provide the latest versions of the telerik control that can work with MVC 2.0. Please share the web link. 
keerthi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 May 2017, 09:40 AM

Hi,

I am using  Telerik.web.UI.dll of version 2017.1.118.35 and Telerik.web.design.dll of version 2017.1.118.45

I am adding the references of the two dlls to the project.

The target framework I am using is 4.0.

In the Souce mode I am facing the issue "Unrecognized Tagprefix or device filter Telerik" and " Error Creating Control" in Design mode.

Please let me know if there is a version problem of the two dlls and Target Framework

Thanks,

Keerthy

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Harikrishna
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Harikrishna