This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx 404

9 Answers 1338 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Robb Blacquiere
Top achievements
Rank 1
Robb Blacquiere asked on 10 Mar 2009, 05:44 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to use the Image Manager and Hyperlink Manager with my editor.  It is working fine on my local development machine as well as my local QA server.  But, when I upload the project to my clients shared hosting environment I get a 404 on the 'Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx'.  The handler is set up correctly in the web.config as I used the smart tag to set it up and the hosting environment is not IIS 7.0 .

I've been trying to do some debugging in Firebug and found the 'Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx?checkHandler=true' returns a 200 status.

I haven't found a similar issue in the forums, so your assistance is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 13 Mar 2009, 04:18 PM
Hi Robb,

Please, open the web.config file and rename the handler extension from .aspx to .axd , e.g.
Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd

After that set the value of the RadEditor's DialogHandlerUrl property to Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd

If your project is running in IIS7 then you should make sure that you have changed the aspx extension to axd in the system.web and system.webserver sections.

Sincerely,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Ivan Queiroz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Feb 2010, 05:49 PM
I'm having the same issue in my dev server -- I changed the handler extension from .aspx to .axd, but it sill doesn't work. Any ideas?

<system.web>

<httpHandlers>
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" validate="false" />
   </httpHandlers>

</system.web>

<system.webServer>
    <handlers>
      <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_DialogHandler_axd" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" />
    </handlers>

</system.webServer>

Thanks,

Ivan
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 04 Feb 2010, 12:12 PM
Hi Ivan,

Please, try the suggestions provided in the following KB article:
Error: Web.config registration missing! The Telerik dialogs require a HttpHandler registration in the web.config file.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Follow the status of features or bugs in PITS and vote for them to affect their priority.
Ivan Queiroz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Feb 2010, 01:51 PM
Rumen,

Thanks for replying. None of the suggestions in the KB apply to my case: the handler is already registered in web.config, there are no other handlers intercepting the request, and my dev server uses IIS 5.0. I do use a URL rewriter, but it is set to work with only one specific file (I did turn the URL rewriter off just to test, but I still had the same problem).

Anything else I could try?

Thanks,

Ivan
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 08 Feb 2010, 04:44 PM
Hi Ivan,

It will be best if you can provide a live URL to the problematic page with RadEditor where we can test the dialogs and see what is causing the error.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Follow the status of features or bugs in PITS and vote for them to affect their priority.
Ivan Queiroz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Mar 2010, 05:48 PM
Rumen,

Unfortunately, our development site is only accessed from within the intranet! As I mentioned before, though, the web.config seems to be configured correctly (see previous post), and the DialogHandlerUrl is set to "Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd." Anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Ivan
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 03 Mar 2010, 03:00 PM
Hi Ivan,

Can you please try to set the value of the DialogHandlerUrl property to "~/Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd"
and "/Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd" and see whether this helps?

Please, also open a support ticket and send your web.config file.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Ivan Queiroz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Mar 2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks Rumen,

Still the same. I opened a support ticket.

Thanks,

Ivan
Ivan Queiroz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Mar 2010, 01:47 PM
Rumen,

My issue has been solved. I opened a support ticket as you suggested, and Dobromir pointed me to http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/general-discussions/another-solution-to-dialogs-returning-404-errors.aspx . Even though we have IIS 5.0 on the dev server, we use URLScan to set the max length of querystring (which was set to 200). I changed it to 1000, and things are fine now.

Thanks,

Ivan
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Robb Blacquiere
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Ivan Queiroz