Telerik upgrade problems in sub-project

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. AndyL
    AndyL avatar
    18 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2007

    Posted 24 Jul 2009 Link to this post

    We have a main project that we have upgraded (from a 2008 version to 2009.1.527.20) and all pages underneath that are working fine. However, we have a sub project underneath the main project that has a number of server controls.

    Everything is compiling fine, but when we run the page with the server controls on we are getting this error:

     

    Server Error in '/_b8a/v2.4' Application.

    Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2009.1.527.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

     

    Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2009.1.527.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)


    It looks like we have to update the Telerik dll in the sub-project but I have already done this. I have replaced the dll's for this specific project and loaded up the sub-project separately in VS to make sure it's fully updated - it is. How can it be possible that I am still getting this error?

    I've also checked other support queries for this problem... and have tried many things, such as uninstalling previous versions from GAC and updating the tags in the webconfig file, but still none of this works. What can I do?

  2. Pavlina
    Admin
    Pavlina avatar
    6084 posts

    Posted 27 Jul 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Andy,

    To avoid duplicate posts, we can continue our communication on the subject in the support ticket that you have opened on the matter.

    Kind regards,
    Pavlina
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Devanand Chahal
    Devanand Chahal avatar
    26 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2009

    Posted 17 Jan 2010 Link to this post

    Hello Palvina,

    I have the same problem , and I look through all posts from AndyL , in non of the reply I got the answer that is addressing this particular problem. I had done everything that AndyL has already mentioned in his post but my problem is also still there I have installed telerik's new version 2009.3.1203.1 and getting reference error for 2008.3.1327.2, Please provide me the link of the reply where you have provided solution to this problem or suggest me solution for this particular problem.

    Regards,
    Devanand Chahal
  5. Pavlina
    Admin
    Pavlina avatar
    6084 posts

    Posted 18 Jan 2010 Link to this post

    Hi Devanand,

    The error on the staging server says that there still is a reference to the old 2008.3.1327.20 assembly. Please check your web.config and update the reference to match the version of the newly deployed assembly. Most probably you are using strong name assembly references.

    I am attaching a simple web.config, which works with any RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX version (with .NET 2.0 and System.Web.Extensions 1.0.61025.0)

    Additionally, I suggest you review the following article which elaborates on this subject:
    General Troubleshooting

    Let us know if you still have troubles.

    Sincerely yours,
    Pavlina
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  6. ming soller
    ming soller avatar
    1 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2010

    Posted 16 Jul 2010 Link to this post

    I'd experienced the same problem using asp.net 2008 when I try to add a telerik controls for my page. Below are the things I did that actually works in my case and solve the said problem that I have.

    1. Check your web.config file and look for assemblies tag and handlers tag with telerik in it.
    2. Remove the entire tag that adds that telerik controls
    3. If you have telerik.web.design.dll in you bin directory, remove all of it as well.
    4. Right click the bin directory then add reference and locate your telerik.web.design.dll again.
    5. Compile your program and run it.


    Hope this will help you solve the problem as it does to me. :)

    Regards,
    Ming Soller
Back to Top
UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017