This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik toolbox went missing this week in Visual Studio 2008

7 Answers 77 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
newb
Top achievements
Rank 1
newb asked on 20 Sep 2011, 04:33 PM
I recently downloaded the trial version of Telerik Rad Controls for ASP.NET AJAX.  Last week, I was happily developing with the Telerik toolbox in Visual Studio 2008, but this week when Tererik asked me to upgrade to their latest version I chose not to upgrade.  After that, the Toolbox went missing.  Now I can't even use the tools.  How can I get the toolbox back?

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
newb
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Sep 2011, 04:41 PM
Figured this one out ....

When it asked me to upgrade, the Toolbox went missing.  That must have removed the Toolbox (I'm guessing) for the newer version.  To get it back, I just went to the Telerik menu and chose Telerik Toolbox Configurator, then restarted Visual Studio 2008, and then it showed up.
marco
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Oct 2011, 08:12 PM
It doesn't work for me with Visual Studio 2010 Professional.
Tried several time with toolbox configurator, even manually but no way to get the toolbox back
I'm feeling lost! I can't work anymore!!
newb
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Oct 2011, 08:31 PM
I haven't installed Telerik on Visual Studio 2010 yet.  Are you using their trail version or have you activated their product?  If you haven't activated it, you will have issue after issue.  I spent a month developing everything with a deactivated product, which means I didn't have access to any of the menus/properties--not fun.  Once I finished the development and confirmed everything worked, then our company bought the Telerik license.  So I used their forum quite a bit.  I imagine if you pay for the product, it will work better.  Just a hunch.  If you have already, the Telerik team will help you.
marco
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Oct 2011, 10:11 PM
I have bought it, it's two years that I have it
never a problem, but the latest version 2011.2 has messed up completely my visual studio, and now I'm running big problem as I can't work anymore

Now after 8 hrs of installing, testing, googling and uninstalling, I'm reinstalling also VS2010.

If it doesn't work this way either last thing to do is installing windows7, I fortunately own a license, but it will be a huge waste of time to reconfigure the entire environment.
A big damage to my business
marco
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Oct 2011, 10:42 PM
nothing to do, it doesn't work

the latest version seems to be fully bugged on the integration with visual studio 2010
It works only if you start a new project, but for the existing one it doesn't work.
What a mess!!! it's a nightmare
newb
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Oct 2011, 11:07 PM
I like their products in the browser, but I'm not a huge fan of their tools in Visual Studio.  Their documentation is also sub-standard unlike other frameworks (such as Sencha).  Sorry I can't help you man.  If I were you, I'd post a new thread on this one.  They should get to it within 2-3 days from past experience.
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 12 Oct 2011, 01:50 PM
Hi guys,

I'm really sorry for these troubles.

@MacGyver, I would love to hear any recommendations on our documentation (not that we won't try to improve it anyways, but your opinion really matters).

@Marco, this is really strange:
It works only if you start a new project, but for the existing one it doesn't work.
How about an online session (please, open a private support ticket so that I can arrange the details) to check that directly on your side?

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
newb
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
newb
Top achievements
Rank 1
marco
Top achievements