This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik ReportViewer Not working in sharepoint 2013

3 Answers 84 Views
Upload (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kishor
Top achievements
Rank 2
Kishor asked on 01 Aug 2014, 06:57 AM
hello

I am using telerik Reportviewer in webparts (sharepoint 2013)

when i run report it gives following error
403 FORBIDDEN

when report parameters are less it works fine  ,but  if parameters are more  then it gives above error.

below attached. is the  error image

thanks
waiting for reply.
kishor

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 05 Aug 2014, 10:40 AM
Hello Kishor,

Please check the IIS settings for the process:
  1. If the used connection strings allow connection to the database;
  2. If there are proper read/write privileges for the process to access the cache, if it is configured in the application;
  3. If the authorization rules allow access to the viewer's handler - Telerik.ReportViewer.axd;

If it is an emergency, please use our support ticketing system to send us a demo project that reproduces the problem. Using the support ticketing system guarantees you an answer by Telerik representative in a timely manner.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Kishor
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Sep 2014, 04:08 AM
hello

I observe that the above error occours only if there are more records in report

because some of the reports work properly having 20-25 rows of records

is there any restriction on size / number of records in reports.
please guide me.

or please explain me the other setting that are required tio set in IIS.

thanks
Kishor
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 30 Sep 2014, 07:32 AM
Hello Kishor,

The report is a document processed and render on the server with the assigned to it data. In general there are no limitations for the used data as long as the machine has enough memory and CPU to handle the document generation - Performance Considerations.

In your case, my recommendation is to use Fiddler and check the Inspectors - Response - Raw tab to check the actual response. Then check the server's Event Viewer for any error logs. The actual exception's stack trace will be helpful to identify the problem and troubleshoot it.
Test also the suggestions from my previous post and let us know the result of each and the logged exceptions.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Upload (Obsolete)
Asked by
Kishor
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Kishor
Top achievements
Rank 2