This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik Reporting Q1 2013 build 7.0.13.220 WPF Report Viewer

25 Answers 483 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alan
Top achievements
Rank 2
Alan asked on 24 Feb 2013, 11:36 PM
I have updated to Telerik Reporting Q1 2013 build 7.0.13.220 and can not get WPF Report Viewer to run.

I have created a fresh WPF Application project and the only usercontrol contains a dragged on ReportViewer control.

I have confirm that references also contain Telerik.ReportViewer.WPF Q1 2013 build 7.0.13.220 as well.

At runtime of this simple WPF applicaton I am getting "Set property 'System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.DeferrableContent' threw an exception." thrown.

Any suggestion on how best to overcome this is welcomed.

Thank you,

25 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Anna
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Feb 2013, 07:32 PM
I am having the same problem.
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Feb 2013, 09:54 AM
Same here
ERFO Dev
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Feb 2013, 10:19 AM
Me too
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 27 Feb 2013, 05:03 PM
Hi,

The 2013 Q1 build works with the previous version of Telerik WPF controls and although we believed that the upgrade procedure outlined in the How to: Add report viewer to a WPF application article would work, this is not the case. This week we will release an internal build which will resolve the issue.

Please excuse us for the temporary inconvenience.

Regards,
Peter
the Telerik team

See what's new in Telerik Reporting Q1 2013. Register for the March 4 webinar to witness the impressive new visualizations in Telerik Reporting. Just for fun, 10 webinar attendees will be randomly selected to win a Telerik T-shirt and a $50 Gift Certificate to ThinkGeek. Register now! Seats are limited!

Axel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Feb 2013, 05:21 PM
I'm having the same problem u_u
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Feb 2013, 08:31 PM
Same situation here! I have an application updated to Q1 2013 and now stop working.

Please Telerik help us!
Alan
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Feb 2013, 09:57 PM
Peter

For me using Q3 2012 WPF controls with the Q1 2013 Reporting (WPF ReportView) did not work either.

Thank you,
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Feb 2013, 07:32 AM
I am having the same problem when it will be fixed???

Thanks
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 28 Feb 2013, 01:34 PM
Hi,

We have released an internal build that includes the bug fix in question. You can download it from the latest internal build page.

Kind regards,
Peter
the Telerik team

See what's new in Telerik Reporting Q1 2013. Register for the March 4 webinar to witness the impressive new visualizations in Telerik Reporting. Just for fun, 10 webinar attendees will be randomly selected to win a Telerik T-shirt and a $50 Gift Certificate to ThinkGeek. Register now! Seats are limited!

Alan
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 28 Feb 2013, 02:08 PM
Peter,

Using the Q1 2013 build 7.0.228 for Reporting in a new simple WPF project with just a WPF usercontrol (Report Viewer) pulled from the toolbox to the designer at run time, I am getting the below exception thrown:

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException occurred
  HResult=-2146233087
  Message=Set property 'System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.DeferrableContent' threw an exception.
  Source=PresentationFramework
  LineNumber=0
  LinePosition=0
  StackTrace:
       at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
  InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
       HResult=-2147024894
       Message=Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Windows.Controls, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
       Source=mscorlib
       FileName=Telerik.Windows.Controls, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7
       FusionLog==== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = TLR\u0149564
LOG: DisplayName = Telerik.Windows.Controls, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7
 (Partial)
WRN: Partial binding information was supplied for an assembly:
WRN: Assembly Name: Telerik.Windows.Controls, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7 | Domain ID: 1
WRN: A partial bind occurs when only part of the assembly display name is provided.
WRN: This might result in the binder loading an incorrect assembly.
WRN: It is recommended to provide a fully specified textual identity for the assembly,
WRN: that consists of the simple name, version, culture, and public key token.
WRN: See whitepaper http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=109270 for more information and common solutions to this issue.
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Projects/VCSTaxTRAHS/ReportViewQ12013/ReportViewQ12013/bin/Debug/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Projects\VCSTaxTRAHS\ReportViewQ12013\ReportViewQ12013\bin\Debug\ReportViewQ12013.vshost.exe.Config
LOG: Using host configuration file:
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Projects/VCSTaxTRAHS/ReportViewQ12013/ReportViewQ12013/bin/Debug/Telerik.Windows.Controls.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Projects/VCSTaxTRAHS/ReportViewQ12013/ReportViewQ12013/bin/Debug/Telerik.Windows.Controls/Telerik.Windows.Controls.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Projects/VCSTaxTRAHS/ReportViewQ12013/ReportViewQ12013/bin/Debug/Telerik.Windows.Controls.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Projects/VCSTaxTRAHS/ReportViewQ12013/ReportViewQ12013/bin/Debug/Telerik.Windows.Controls/Telerik.Windows.Controls.EXE.

StackTrace:
            at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
            at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
            at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
            at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)
            at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006SchemaContext.ResolveAssembly(BamlAssembly bamlAssembly)
            at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006SchemaContext.ResolveBamlTypeToType(BamlType bamlType)
            at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006SchemaContext.ResolveBamlType(BamlType bamlType, Int16 typeId)
            at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006SchemaContext.GetXamlType(Int16 typeId)
            at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006Reader.Process_KeyElementStart()
            at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006Reader.ReadKeys()
            at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.SetDeferrableContent(DeferrableContent deferrableContent)
            at System.Windows.Baml2006.WpfSharedBamlSchemaContext.<Create_BamlProperty_ResourceDictionary_DeferrableContent>b__168(Object target, Object value)
            at System.Windows.Baml2006.WpfKnownMemberInvoker.SetValue(Object instance, Object value)
            at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.SetValue(XamlMember member, Object obj, Object value)
            at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.SetValue(Object inst, XamlMember property, Object value)
       InnerException:

Peter
Telerik team
answered on 28 Feb 2013, 02:27 PM
Hello Alan,

The provided information is insufficient for us to determine what might be the culprit. As per the System Requirements for the WPF report viewer, you should reference the corresponding RadControls for WPF version, you can find the required assemblies as part of the product demos (C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Reporting Q1 2013\Examples\CSharp\WpfDemo\bin). Instructions how to add the viewer are available in the How to: Add report viewer to a WPF application help article.

Kind regards,
Peter
the Telerik team

Alan
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 04 Mar 2013, 01:56 PM
I am having an issue using the latest build with the the Reporting control HTMLTextBox.

When I use a HTML fragment like <u>Test</u> the control renders as expected with an underline. Attached is screen shot HTMLFragment.

But when I supply the HTMLTextBox well formed HTML like:
<p style="margin-top: 0px;margin-bottom: 12px;line-height: 1.15;"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana';font-size: 16px;"><u>Test</u></span></p>

The underline and last letter is missing does not render as in the attached screen shot HTML.

Any ideas on how I can overcome this?

Thank you,
Alan
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Mar 2013, 09:12 AM
Hi Peter,

Is there any news on when a production version of 7.0.228 will be available?

Many Thanks,

Matt
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 05 Mar 2013, 01:23 PM
Hello,

Up to your questions:

Matt, we don't have a release date for the next service pack. Generally the Q2 official release is scheduled for mid-June. 

Alan, we are unable to reproduce the missing underline decoration with the latest internal build and the WPF report viewer. If you still experience the unexpected rendering behavior please open a support thread and send us a runnable sample to debug on our end. 

All the best,
Peter
the Telerik team

nbahl
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Apr 2013, 08:54 PM
Hello
Any update on a service pack?
Thanks
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 17 Apr 2013, 07:08 AM
Hello,

The Service Pack is scheduled for the next week.

All the best,
Peter
the Telerik team

Have you tried the new visualization options in Telerik Reporting Q1 2013? You can get them from your account.

Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Apr 2013, 01:21 PM
Hello,

I have tried installing the internal build and I am getting an error that it requires .Net 2.0.  I am working on a solution in .net 4.0 on VS2012 (radcontrols for wpf).  I tried to unselect demos and documentation, but that didn't help.

Thanks,
Mike
IvanY
Telerik team
answered on 22 Apr 2013, 03:15 PM
Hi Mike,

This is a known issue and has been fixed prior to Q1 2013. Therefore we would like to ask you to verify that you are having this issue with the latest version and if you can to provide us with any additional details regarding your project and your system setup.

Kind regards,
IvanY
the Telerik team

Have you tried the new visualization options in Telerik Reporting Q1 2013? You can get them from your account.

Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Apr 2013, 05:35 PM
Hello,

This is not a "project" issue.  I am trying to download and install the latest reporting internal build "7.0.13.412".  When I download it and run the install, i get the following error message:   "The setup requires the .net framework 2.0 or higher".  Please see the attached screen shot of the error from the installer.

Thanks,
Mike
IvanY
Telerik team
answered on 25 Apr 2013, 03:55 PM
Hello Mike,

Currently our installation checks your registry values for information regarding the .NET Framework and its installation. If those values are missing or incorrect the installation will fail. 

In order to check if everything is as expected at your end we would like to ask you to check the following registry entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v2.0.50727
And
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full

Click on the folder icon and check on the right for a DWORD (32 bit) value named Install. The value has to be 1 (0x00000001). This value has to be present for at least in one of the setups, otherwise the installation of Telerik Reporting will be unsuccessful.

Greetings,
IvanY
the Telerik team

Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Apr 2013, 04:47 PM
Hello,

I have checked both of those registry values and they are both already set.

Thanks,
Mike
IvanY
Telerik team
answered on 30 Apr 2013, 02:39 PM
Hello Mike,

Thank you for the provided information. We will need some more time for investigation. We will get back to you as soon as we have some more information regarding the issue. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

Kind regards,
IvanY
the Telerik team

Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Apr 2013, 02:54 PM
Now that the latest reporting build is out (7.0.13.426) I no longer need that internal build... My reports are all working again now.

Thanks,
Mike
Kamila
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jul 2013, 11:11 AM
Hi,

Version 7.1.13.612 worked for me
http://www.telerik.com/releasehistory.aspx?Id=521
Mandar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 May 2014, 11:31 PM
Hi Alan,

Were you able to solve this exception you were getting? I am seeing same exception in my application and would like to know if you had a solution. In my case I have a third party application that calls my app(which has report viewer) and this in turn causes the exception because all Telerik references are in my app and calling app cannot find them. Need help if you can.
InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

HResult=-2147024894

Message=Could not load file or assembly
'Telerik.Windows.Controls, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7' or one of
its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Alan
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Anna
Top achievements
Rank 2
Matt
Top achievements