"We will very much appreciate your feedback and share your ideas with us. This will help us provide better support for LightSwitch that will fit your needs. More specifically, we would like to know:
- How do you plan to use LightSwitch. Do you plan to use it instead of Access, or will you make data entry business apps?
- What do you envision Telerik to provide for LightSwitch? Controls, forms, reporting, and/or themes? What else?
- Whom should we target? The Developer (you), or the Business User? May be both?
Feel free to share any other ideas that come to mind.
the Telerik team "
for our company here are the answers:
we do not use access, we use MS SQL server, we have several cases where we are interested in using LS to add better data / crud to systems that are already live and in production, as an alternative to manually creating more html pages.
what you can bring to the table:
1) make all the silverlight controls work with LS
2) tools to help developers and designers create themes and shells for LS
3) fill in the gaps in what LS offers, for example a RichText control that works with LS, include a datatype extension so that we can use the ls designer to create a table with a richtext column and have LS know how to manage it in all phazes.
who to target: both, this is not always easy but there are two levels of how to use LS, the simple WSIWIG and the advanced pro dev.