This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik Control Panel

1 Answer 294 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
David asked on 31 Mar 2016, 09:19 PM

I have been using the Telerik Control Panel for several years now.  This morning when I launched the program it stated that my "install" was too old and that I would need to visit my account page and download a fresh copy.

While I can easily do this, I am confused on one basic point. Does the program actually install?  After running the program the contents of the "Control Panel" folder in the Telerik x86 folder is empty.  It does seem to function.

Each time I run the program it seems to uncompress, run, then remove itself from memory leaving the initial downloaded file ready to be clicked upon again.

Am I missing something or is this expected behavior?  I no longer see the program in the add/remove program list.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 04 Apr 2016, 04:11 PM
Hi David,

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We have made some changes that blocked the update of Telerik Control Panel but now everything should work as expected.

Based on the provided information, I suppose that the Telerik Control Panel is not installed. I have attached the latest version of our Control Panel into the attachments - Telerik.CommonInstaller.ControlPanel.msi.zip

Could you please try to download it, unzip it, install it and let us know in case the issue still persists?

When it comes to your question, the described workflow is not as the expected one. There are two ways in which to start our Telerik Control Panel - with its executable file (.exe) and from its shortcuts (after it has been installed). 

The first approach (using the .exe file), will open the Telerik Control Panel and will install itself with the other selected for installation products.

Once the Control Panel is installed, a desktop and a start menu shortcuts are created on your machine and the Control Panel's files are deployed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik. One of the benefits of having the Control Panel installed is the auto-updates of the installed version. 

I hope this helps. I am looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,
Yana
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Answers by
Yana
Telerik team