This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik 2011 Q3 Package Load Failure

5 Answers 184 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Xuan Truong
Top achievements
Rank 1
Xuan Truong asked on 24 Nov 2011, 03:40 PM
I installed Telerik 2011 Q3 on XP SP3, VS 2008 SP1 succesfull. but when starting VS 2008, An dialog appear :

Package Load Failure
Package 'Telerik.Reporting.VsPackage.VsPackage, Telerik.Reporting.VsPackage, Version=3.20.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be' has failed to load properly (GUID = {xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}}. Please contact package vendor for assistance. Application restart is recommended, due to possible environment corruption. Would you like to load this package in the future? you may use 'devenv /resetskippkgs' to re-enable package loading.

and then in VS 2008 I can't see menu Telerik => Reporting ( include submenus of Reporing...) and don't have Data Explore, Group Explore,...window.
I don't know how to fix it. I've installing Telerik Reporting 2011 Q2 and it run normally. After uninstaling Q2 and installing Q3, above err appear.
Please help me.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 24 Nov 2011, 06:18 PM
Hi Xuan Truong,

We just released an internal build that contains the fix for this issue as well as some other fixes. You can download it directly from your account -> internal builds section.

Sorry for the temporary inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Steve
the Telerik team

Q3’11 of Telerik Reporting is available for download. Register for the What's New in Data Tools webinar to see what's new and get a chance to WIN A FREE LICENSE!

Winston
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jan 2012, 10:32 AM
Hi Steve,

I'm having a similar issue on XP SP3, VS 2005 SP2 using a free trial version of Telerik 2011 Q3.  I get the package load failure error but once I'm in Visual Studio I can see and use (so far) the controls.  I visited the internal builds section but didn't see any downloads.  Any suggestions?

Regards
Winston
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jan 2012, 11:02 AM
Hello Winston,

There was a slight problem with the site that is now fixed and you should be able to download the reporting internal build from your account.

Sorry for the temporary inconvenience.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team

Q3’11 of Telerik Reporting is available for download. Register for the What's New in Data Tools webinar to see what's new and get a chance to WIN A FREE LICENSE!

Stargazer
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 22 Oct 2012, 05:04 PM
Hello Steve.

Is it possible, by any chance, me having access to that internal build of Reporting Q3 2011 ?

The thing is that it was working perfectly before I re-installed my machine with windows 7 64Bit. Now I can get the Reporting extensions to work, which is kind of a drag.

I've searched my account but it seems there is no internal build for that particular release of reporting. Can you help.
Milen | Product Manager @DX
Telerik team
answered on 23 Oct 2012, 11:51 AM
Hi Nuno,

Sorry for having troubles with your environment.

Please open a support ticket sharing which exactly internal release you need.
All releases for the period are:

5.3.11.1116 (Official)
5.3.12.119 (SP1)

Then we will be able to provide steps for downloading the release in question.

Thank you for understanding.

Greetings,
Milen
the Telerik team

HAPPY WITH TELERIK REPORTING? Do you feel that it is fantastic? Or easy to use? Or better than Crystal Reports? Tell the world, and help fellow developers! Write a short review about Telerik Reporting and Telerik Report Designer in Visual Studio Gallery today!

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Xuan Truong
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Winston
Top achievements
Rank 1