This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

TabStrip bug in 2013.2.716

4 Answers 55 Views
TabStrip (Mobile)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Marcin asked on 23 Jul 2013, 07:20 AM
Hello
I have problem with tabstrip in recent available version 2013.2.716. I've downloaded this version to use new flat skin, but tab strip is now unusable. It is not selecting tab after first click. (it performs navigation, but not indicate state) Second click is not performing navigation (already done) and fix state. Please look at aattached example.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jul 2013, 07:59 AM
Hello Marcin,

This looks like a regression we introduced after implementing another feature - Views didn't change tabs automatically when there were parameters in the URL. Unfortunately this feature is directly the opposite of the View navigation you want to achieve and we can't support both out of the box automatically. I've filed an issue in our bug tracker to come up with a better way to handle this situation, but until this is fixed, you can use the TabStrip private method _setActiveItem to change the tabs (tabs get changed after View Show, so we will need a setTimeout too). I've created an example for you below:

Regards,
Kamen Bundev
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 24 Jul 2013, 10:03 AM
Thank you, will wait for information when fixed to remove workaround from my code.
Brandon Peterson
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 01 Aug 2013, 11:43 PM
There is also a bug in 2013.2.716 on Windows Phone 8 in kendo.mobile.all.min.css. Tabstrip button labels appear to the right instead of below icons due to overriding class inheritance of a button's label from the document body:
.km-wp .km-button .km-text { display: inline-block }
.km-tabstrip .km-text { display: block }
To fix this add the following to your css:
.km-wp .km-tabstrip .km-button .km-text { display: block }

Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 02 Aug 2013, 06:55 AM
Hello Brandon,

Yes, this was a regression in the Q2 release. It was fixed immediately after that and all internal builds already feature it.

Regards,
Kamen Bundev
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Tags
TabStrip (Mobile)
Asked by
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
Marcin
Top achievements