First try using the built-in feature PopupWaitTimeout, which will be in the properties for the step that starts with "Connect to popup...". I have included a screenshot showing where the item is in the properties window. Try doubling the amount of time listed (it will be in milliseconds) and re-testing.
If the above does not change your symptom, then try to implement an "Execution Delay". This delay type is separate from the one already mentioned and is not tied to another step. It will create its own step to allow a certain amount of time to pass before proceeding.
To accomplish this:
- Open the project in QA edition you want to have the execution delay
- Open the test that will have the execution delay in it
- Click the Record tab (if you are not already on it)
- In the toolbar (between your steps and the tabs), look for the Add section.
- In the Add section is a More button, click this button
- Click the option labeled Execution Delay
- Set the timeout for the execution delay to be however long you need for the elements to load.
A good practice on this for automation is to allow up to twice as long in the timeout as is needed for the items to draw the page. By this, I mean that if your page takes 5 seconds to load, set the execution delay for 10 seconds to make sure that a networking issue doesn't return a false negative (fail). However, if your page takes much longer to load (30+ seconds), a 60 second delay may be too much, so you will want to tweak the setting in this scenario to better suit your needs.
the Telerik team