This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

1 Answer 950 Views
UI for ASP.NET AJAX in ASP.NET MVC
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
venkat
Top achievements
Rank 1
venkat asked on 15 Jul 2011, 06:24 PM
Hi I am using the telerik version Q2 2010 SP2 . using Visual Studio 2010. whenever i try to load the page which is using RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2010 SP2 . I am getting the Following Error. Do you have any Idea why I am getting this error.

Server Error in '/EDWICD10' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Telerik.Web.UI.ScriptEntrySlot.GetSerializedAssemblyInfo(ScriptEntry scriptEntry) +208
   Telerik.Web.UI.ScriptEntrySlot.SerializeScriptEntry(ScriptEntry scriptEntry) +71
   Telerik.Web.UI.ScriptEntryUrlBuilder.TryAddScriptEntry(ScriptEntry scriptEntry) +56
   Telerik.Web.UI.ScriptEntryUrlBuilder.RegisterScriptEntry(ScriptEntry scriptEntry) +239
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadStyleSheetManager.Page_PreRenderComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +373
   System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
   System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreRenderComplete(EventArgs e) +8933914
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2716

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Simon
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jul 2011, 01:15 PM
Hi Venkat,

This exception is thrown when a requested assembly resources does not exist in the designated assembly. Do you have any explicit embedded script references in the RadScriptManager on the page (added in the markup or through code)?

If there are no explicit script references, please try the following:
  • Replace RadScriptManager with ScriptManager;
  • Observe the requests with Firebug or Fiddler to see if there are any failing requets;
  • If there are, please use the approach shown in this blog post to get the name of the invalid web resource;

Regards,
Simon
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Tags
UI for ASP.NET AJAX in ASP.NET MVC
Asked by
venkat
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Simon
Telerik team
Share this question
or