This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

System.InvalidCastException when executing from MTM2010

1 Answer 47 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Mahendra Kumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mahendra Kumar asked on 02 Feb 2012, 10:07 AM
Hi,

I trying to execute the scripts form MTM2010 and I have testlab setup for execution.
When I execute the scripts, I am getting the below error. When I run the scripts from VSTS2010 it works fine.

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'HCS.TMS.QA.Automation.PositionManager.Common.Settings.GlobalSettings' threw an exception. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'HCS.TMS.QA.Automation.PerformanceManager.Common.Settings.ConfigSection.AutomationConfigSection' to type 'HCS.TMS.QA.Automation.PositionManager.Common.Settings.ConfigSection.AutomationConfigSection'.

Please help he in resolving the issue.

Thanks & regards,
Mahendra

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 07 Feb 2012, 01:08 AM
Hello,

The error message doesn't look like it has anything to do with Test Studio. The problem is happening in the DLL for HCS.TMS.QA.Automation.PositionManager.Common.Settings.GlobalSettings which is not Test Studio code at all. My guess (and it's only a shot in the dark) is that there's a DLL version mismatch installed on your execution machine for one of your own DLL's. 

Regards,
Cody
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mahendra Kumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Cody
Telerik team
Share this question
or