sync Tasks and Office 365 in background

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Pedro
    Pedro avatar
    3 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2013 Link to this post

Hi,

I would like to know if I can sync the tasks I have in Office 365 with my WP8 cell in the background, with the "Tasks" soft.

I don´t want to have to open the application to sync the tasks, but automatically or periodically, as WP8 "Todo" list does.

Thanks!
  2. Ivo
    Admin
    Ivo avatar
    90 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2013 Link to this post

Hi,

Please follow the instructions below for setting Office365 synchronization account up:

·                     in the username field enter your email

·                     in the password field- your password

·                     in the email field- your email

·                     the value of the server field enter https://mailxyz.org/EWS/Exchange.asmx, where https://mailxyz.org is your server

·                     do not fill the domain field, its value is extracted automatically from the e-mail if nothing is entered into that field and check the "Server requires SSL" checkbox.

Regards,
    Ivo
    Telerik
    Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Pedro
    Pedro avatar
    3 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2013 Link to this post

Hi Ivo,

Thanks for your answer, but I know how to configure it :) 

I just want to know if it does sync in the background (when the application is not open), as a background task, for example, every 1 hour.
  5. Ivo
    Admin
    Ivo avatar
    90 posts

Posted 18 Sep 2013 Link to this post

Hi,
    The application does not sync in the background- there are lots of restrictions for sync implementation.
    The only option is to tune the app to run under lock screen- that is needed if you want to record a longer voice message for a task.

Regards,
    Ivo
    Telerik
    Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
  6. Pedro
    Pedro avatar
    3 posts

Posted 07 Oct 2013 Link to this post

Oh, I see.

Thanks for the answer!
DevCraft banner