This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Styling question

3 Answers 44 Views
LoopingList
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Half
Top achievements
Rank 1
Half asked on 29 Oct 2011, 09:57 PM
I followed the instructions on http://www.telerik.com/help/windows-phone/radinfinitelistbox-styles-and-templates-styling-infinitelistboxitem.html
However, after creating a style for RadLoopingList, the item "Edit Generated Item Container..." is not available under Edit Additional Styles, there is only "Edit ItemStyle", under which only Create Empty is enable..

My hint: it seems you copied the documentation from the InfiniteListBoxItem (given the URL). The procedure seems to work for this second control.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Georgi
Telerik team
answered on 01 Nov 2011, 10:11 AM
Hi Half,

Thank you for contacting us and for your question.

RadInfiniteListBox was the first control we implemented and it was meant to be the base for our Date/Time pickers. Its performance however was very slow and that is why we replaced it with our completely custom implementation - RadLoopingList, which performs times faster and does the same job. Indeed, it seems that the help topic is copied when we converted the documentation to the new control. We will update this as soon as possible.

Otherwise the looping list is based on rather different approach and implementation than the standard ItemsControl and that is why it behaves in a different way in Blend. We will research the issue and see whether we can improve the experience.

I would like to thank you for your feedback and for bringing our attention to these issues - I have updated your Telerik points for your time.

Do not hesitate to write us back should you have any question/problem with our tools.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

jrharmon
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 May 2013, 01:28 AM
Has there been any update on this?  The documentation still references "Edit Generated item Container (ItemContainerStyle)", which is not present in Blend.  It only had "Edit ItemStyle".  I want to be able to change the background color of the selected item, but I can't seem to be able to.

Thanks for any help.
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 16 May 2013, 07:42 AM
Hello Jeffrey,

Please find attached the necessary styles for restyling RadLoopingList. 

All the best,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Tags
LoopingList
Asked by
Half
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Georgi
Telerik team
jrharmon
Top achievements
Rank 2