This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Stylebuilder for SharePoint 2010

3 Answers 41 Views
Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
CH
Top achievements
Rank 1
CH asked on 10 Mar 2011, 09:34 AM
Hi,
is there any way/documentation on how to deploy custom skin using stylebuilder for sharepoint 2010?

thank you.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
answered on 15 Mar 2011, 10:41 AM
Hello chuin hun,

There is no specific documentation for deploying skins in SharePoint. You should just manually register the CSS files on the pages that will use the custom skin.

All the best,
Alex Gyoshev
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Ashwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Sep 2011, 05:43 PM
Hi Alex,

I trying to make Radcontrol useTheme in sharepoint 2010 site. My approach is as follows:

1. I am creating a skin folder under Themable folder in stlye library (i.e Style Library>en-us>Themable>Skin>CustomSkin) and I am adding the CSS and images to CustomSkin folder.

2. Adding CSS registration on Master page

I followed this approach as I considered Themable folder to be equivalent to App_Theme folder.
But using this apporach the rad controls fails to identify the custom skin.(To my knowledge skin is not supported in visual webparts.)

So, what would be the approach to add skin such that theme is applied to the visual webparts created using RadControls.

Thanks 
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 03 Oct 2011, 05:51 PM
Hi Ashwin,

As my colleague Alex has replied in his post - the only thing you need to do is to correctly register the css files on your page, i.e. specify a correct virtual path to those. You can, for example, use the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\THEMES
folder and create one of your own where to specify the custom skin.

Hope this information will prove helpful.

Greetings, Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
Visual Style Builder
Asked by
CH
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
Ashwin
Top achievements
Rank 1