This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

style="zoom: 100%;" contenteditable="true" properties are Default added in body tag

6 Answers 81 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Amrut
Top achievements
Rank 1
Amrut asked on 30 Jul 2015, 02:55 PM

Hello Telerik Support Team,

We have recently upgraded the telerik controls from V 2013 to V 2015.2.623.45.  ​

I have come across a problem with the editor in following scenario: 

Step 1: Add some content in DESIGN mode.

Step 2: Move to HTML mode.

Step 3: in BODY tag, following 2 attributes are being added automatically. style="zoom: 100%;" and contenteditable="true"

Could you please let us know why is it happening so and what is the way NOT to add this?

And if we remove it by customizing at our end, what would be consequences?

Please Suggest.
Thanks.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Amrut
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Aug 2015, 04:11 AM

Can you please give reply ASAP.

Thanks.

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 04 Aug 2015, 11:13 AM
Hi Amrut,

I tried to reproduce the reported behavior but to no avail. Can you take a look over the video from my test and see whether I am not leaving anything out? - http://screencast.com/t/eOw0ioCoM0Bq

Can you also provide a little more details on the exact environment in which the issue occur?
  • Which version of Visual Studio do are you using?
  • Which control is added on the page when the attributes are added?
  • Are you experiencing the same behavior in an Empty Telerik project?

Looking forward to receiving a reply from you,
Vessy
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Amrut
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Aug 2015, 12:48 PM

Thank you Vessy for reply.

We are using Visual Studio Professional 2012(Version 11.0.61030.00)

You need to check below steps to reproduce the issue. 

Step 1: Add some content in DESIGN mode.

Step 2: Move to HTML mode.

Step 3: in BODY tag, following 2 attributes are being added automatically. style="zoom: 100%;" and contenteditable="true"​

refer link for more idea : http://screencast.com/t/tu0q9xBef

Thanks.
Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 06 Aug 2015, 04:58 PM
Hi Amrut,

Thank you for the clarification. I tried to replicate the recorded problem with RadEditor, but no additional attributes were added on my side. Can you let me know the browser and its version in which you are experiencing the error as it is not visible on the given screencast? Can you also test whether you are able to replicate the same behavior in our online demos, using the latest version of the controls? - Editor - Full HTML Page Edit

Regards,
Vessy
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Amrut
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Aug 2015, 04:58 AM

Thank you for reply. 

We are using Chrome (Version 44.0.2403.130 m) browser.

Please refer below link to reproduce on Demo website.

http://screencast.com/t/TAW4J8S6

And Could you please let us know if we remove it by customizing at our end, what would be consequences?​

Thanks.

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 11 Aug 2015, 04:04 PM
Hi Amrut,

Thank you for the provided video. We finally managed to reproduce the reported issue and it is now logged in our bug tracking system. You can track its progress here: http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/108/Feedback/Details/166334

I discussed we problem with our developers and they ensured me that you can freely remove the undesired contenteditable attribute at your end, without breaking the control's functionality.

In addition I have updated youр Telerik points accordingly as a small token of gratitude for your report.

Regards,
Vessy
Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Amrut
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Amrut
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vessy
Telerik team