Strange optionLabel bug

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Ryan
    Ryan avatar
    7 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2016

    Posted 16 Feb Link to this post

    I'm fairly certain nobody will be able to help with this bug, but since we're all pretty much out of ideas about what could be causing this here, figured we'd give it a shot.

     We have four different environments here--Dev, Alpha, Beta, and Production.  The strange behavior in question is that the optionLabel's are not showing up in Alpha environment, but we cannot reproduce this in Dev--they work properly in Dev.  In Alpha, the select element has all the correct <option> tags included, including the optionLabel, but is missing the element that Kendo creates for the optionLabel in the DOM:

    Dev kendoDropDownList config:

     __kendo_devtools_id: 29
    _arrow: kendoJQuery.fn.init[1]
    _busy: null
    _cascadeTriggered: true
    _errorHandler: ()
    _events: Object
    _focusInputHandler: ()
    _focused: kendoJQuery.fn.init[1]
    _initial: null
    _initialIndex: null
    _inputWrapper: kendoJQuery.fn.init[1]
    _isSelect: true
    _old: ""
    _oldIndex: 0
    _open: false
    _presetValue: false
    _prev: ""
    _request: false
    _requestEndHandler: ()
    _requestStartHandler: ()
    _text: anonymous(d /**/)
    _value: anonymous(d /**/)
    _word: ""
    dataSource: kendo.data.DataSource.extend.init
    element: kendoJQuery.fn.init[1]
    list: kendoJQuery.fn.init[1]
    listView: kendo.ui.DataBoundWidget.extend.init
    ns: ".kendoDropDownList"
    optionLabel: kendoJQuery.fn.init[1]
    optionLabelTemplate: anonymous(data /**/)
    options: Object
    popup: Widget.extend.init
    selectedIndex: 0
    span: kendoJQuery.fn.init[1]
    ul: kendoJQuery.fn.init[1]
    valueTemplate: ()
    wrapper: kendoJQuery.fn.init[1]
    __proto__: base

     

    Alpha kendoDropDownList config (Uses Kendo minified script):

    __kendo_devtools_id: 1063
    _arrow: I.fn.init[1]
    _busy: null
    _cascadeTriggered: true
    _errorHandler: ()
    _events: Object
    _focusInputHandler: ()
    _focused: I.fn.init[1]
    _initial: null
    _initialIndex: null
    _inputWrapper: I.fn.init[1]
    _isSelect: true
    _old: "1967"
    _oldIndex: 1
    _open: false
    _presetValue: false
    _prev: ""
    _prevent: true
    _request: false
    _requestEndHandler: ()
    _requestStartHandler: ()
    _text: anonymous(d /**/)
    _value: anonymous(d /**/)
    _word: ""
    dataSource: i.data.DataSource.extend.init
    element: I.fn.init[1]
    list: I.fn.init[1]
    listView: s.ui.DataBoundWidget.extend.init
    ns: ".kendoDropDownList"
    optionLabel: I.fn.init[0]
    options: Object
    popup: o.extend.init
    selectedIndex: 1
    span: I.fn.init[1]
    typing: false
    ul: I.fn.init[1]
    valueTemplate: ()
    wrapper: I.fn.init[1]
    __proto__: i

     

    As you can see, the optionLabel field outside of the options object, doesn't find the element it needs in Alpha, because it isn't there.  Both Dev/Alpha environments are on the 2016 release of Kendo; Production is on 2015, and the optionLabels are working correctly.  If anybody has any clues or inklings as to what would be causing this, it would be immensely helpful--thanks!

    Here's the config for the kendoDropDownList:

    $('#' + options.thisId).kendoDropDownList({
         value: options.selectedValue || "",
         dataSource: options.dataSource,
         dataTextField: options.dataTextField || "",
         dataValueField: options.dataValueField || "",
         valueTemplate: options.valueTemplate,
         template: options.template,
         optionLabel: options.optionLabel || "",
         change: _.bind(function () {
             filters = this.buildFilters(options.filterObjects);
             this.getKendoComponent().dataSource.filter(filters.filters,filters.additionalFilters);
         }, this)
    });

  2. Ryan
    Ryan avatar
    7 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2016

    Posted 17 Feb Link to this post

    Update, I found the problem and will make a support ticket.  For some reason I didn't think of trying this yesterday, but I switched to the minified version of kendo.all.js, and can now reproduce the bug in our Dev environment--so the problem is in kendo.all.min.js.

    I'll make a support ticket and document my findings as best I can
  3. Kendo UI is VS 2017 Ready
  4. Ryan
    Ryan avatar
    7 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2016

    Posted 17 Feb Link to this post

    Nevermind, we actually screwed up our minified version when a Dev did a replace all on "optionLabel" at one point, and it accidentally hit kendo.all.min.js too.
Back to Top