This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Stored Procedure.

2 Answers 106 Views
Getting Started
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Joebet
Top achievements
Rank 1
Joebet asked on 07 Jul 2010, 09:44 AM
Good day sir. may I ask how to forward map my ReadSP upon runtime? heres the code
        public static IQueryResult ReadProducts(IObjectScope scope) 
        { 
            IQuery query = scope.GetSqlQuery("[ReadProducts]", null,""); 

IQueryResult res = query.Execute(new object[] {}); 
            int a = res.Count;//Actually executes the query 

return res; 
        } 

And this is the original code from the database.
USE [Inventory] 
GO 

SET ANSI_NULLS ON 
GO 
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON 
GO 

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[ReadProducts] 

AS 
BEGIN 

SET NOCOUNT ON; 

SELECT  ProductName,Description from Products 
END 

As what I had mentioned earlier I want to forward map the first code above to the database at runtime. Yes OA can make SP but it lacks on the ability to give us Custom Read SP. Also is the Forward, Reverse Mapping Forms Open Source? Because I am planning to upgrade the feature that suites my needs? Or can you give us some links on how to do the wizard forms? Thanks

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Joebet
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jul 2010, 03:40 AM
its been 5 days and still no answer..... anyone from the orm group?
Petko_I
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jul 2010, 05:34 PM
Hi Joebet,

Currently, forward mapping is available for CUD operations of stored procedures. Now, you cannot forward map a stored procedure that returns a result. With the new Visual Designer context you can call ExecuteStoredProcedure and have your procedure run but this is not the mapping you require. The feature you desire will be available at some point after the Q2 release. You can expect to see a dedicated UI to forward map stored procedures.

As to your next questions, the Classic Wizards are not open source. You can always find information on working with the old wizards in our online documentation. But I am not sure as to exactly what you are trying to achieve, you will not be able to modify our product. However, you can request a feature and we might consider it for introduction in some of our next versions. 

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Petko_I
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Getting Started
Asked by
Joebet
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Joebet
Top achievements
Rank 1
Petko_I
Telerik team