This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Status Bar

9 Answers 1320 Views
ToolBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Garry
Top achievements
Rank 1
Garry asked on 22 Mar 2010, 02:11 AM
Do you guys have any plans to implement a WPF status bar or is there a good way/example of using the toolbar control to imitate a status bar?

Thanks! 

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan
Telerik team
answered on 22 Mar 2010, 11:20 AM
Hi Garry,

Thank you for contacting us.

There is a StatusBar in WPF. You can get more about it following this entry point.

About the example - please preview the attached here example.

We hope this information will help you.

All the best,
Ivan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Garry
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Mar 2010, 01:55 PM
Ivan,
Thank you for your post and I do know about the Microsoft StatusBar, but I was wondering if Telerik has plans to release one that is similar to the ones in your WinForms controls. I would really like one that is themeable so that I can keep the look of my application uniformed.

Just wondering, but it sounds like there are no plans currently.

Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 24 Mar 2010, 11:32 AM
Hello Garry Clark,

We actually have not planned to develop such a control in Q2. However, there was a similar request and we added it to our Public Issue Tracking System as a new feature request so that other users can vote for this new control. You can follow the item at:

http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/wpf/1370

Regards,
Nick
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Chris Johnson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Aug 2011, 04:35 PM

Hi Nick,

I see that there is no progress on the Status bar.

We are looking at converting from a competitive product for WPF to get some synergy/Look and feel between our Silverlight apps (these use Telerik Silverlight controls) and WPF apps.

I realise that in-browser apps don’t and should not use their own status bar but WPF desktop apps need a status bar.

Without a resolution to this problem we cannot build an application that ‘looks right’

All you major competitors either have status bar controls or panels that support theming and allow you to build themable status bars.

IF you do not intend to develop one then perhaps you could suggest how you would go about building one that does support your theme manager.

Regards

John

Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 16 Aug 2011, 10:47 AM
Hi John Howe,

Thank you for your request. We will definitely consider it. I added it to our backlog and we will have some more discussions on it. In the mean-time you can log your requestio to our Issue Tracker.

Kind regards,
Nick
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Marco
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Oct 2011, 01:47 PM
N Mackay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Nov 2013, 02:19 PM
It's an oversight in the available controls.

I voted.
Nate
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Apr 2020, 09:30 PM

Here's a workaround using the RadToolBar to emulate a similar look:

<telerik:RadToolBar OverflowMode="Never" FlowDirection="RightToLeft" BorderThickness="0" Margin="0" Grid.Row="2" OverflowButtonVisibility="Hidden" GripVisibility="Hidden" IsEnabled="False" Orientation="Horizontal" HorizontalContentAlignment="Right">
    <StatusBarItem Margin="0" BorderThickness="0" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalContentAlignment="Right">
        <TextBlock Text="{Binding CurrentUtcDateDisplayString}" HorizontalAlignment="Right" ></TextBlock>
    </StatusBarItem>
</telerik:RadToolBar>

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 15 Apr 2020, 03:56 PM

Hello Garry,

Thank you for sharing your solution.

Regards,
Martin Ivanov
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Tags
ToolBar
Asked by
Garry
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivan
Telerik team
Garry
Top achievements
Rank 1