StackOverflow exception with WPF Q2003 SP1

7 posts, 0 answers
  1. 4ward s.r.l.
    4ward s.r.l. avatar
    25 posts

Posted 11 Dec 2009 Link to this post

We have installed Q2003 SP1, but we are now getting StackOverflow Exception in WindowsBase.dll each time with click a RadComboBox.

All are defined as below:

<telerik:RadComboBox x:Name="InsurancePositionComboBox" IsEnabled="{Binding DataContext.IsEnabled, RelativeSource={RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorType={x:Type UserControl}}}" 
                               Grid.Row="4" Grid.Column="6" 
                               ItemsSource="{Binding DataContext.InsurancePositionItems,RelativeSource={RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorType={x:Type UserControl}}}" 
                               DisplayMemberPath="Name" 
                               SelectedValuePath="StakeholderId" 
                               SelectedValue="{Binding InsurancePositionId}" 
                               IsSynchronizedWithCurrentItem="True" Margin="10,0,0,0" Height="25" Width="170"
            </telerik:RadComboBox> 

Any idea ?
  2. Boyan
    Admin
    Boyan avatar
    758 posts

Posted 16 Dec 2009 Link to this post

Hi 4ward s.r.l.,

Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce the problem. Could you please open a support ticket and send us a sample project where this exception is thrown. This will greatly help us in investigating the issue. Thank you for your time and report.

Regards,
    Boyan
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  3. UI for WPF is Visual Studio 2017 Ready
  4. 4ward s.r.l.
    4ward s.r.l. avatar
    25 posts

Posted 23 Dec 2009 Link to this post

I did not find the root cuase of the problem but the solution in Windows 7 is turn off .NET 3.5.1, reboot, turn it on again.
  5. Chris Boarman
    Chris Boarman avatar
    9 posts

Posted 28 Dec 2009 Link to this post

4ward s.r.l:

What do you mean by "turn off .NET 3.5.1, reboot, turn it on again". How does one "turn off" .NET 3.5.1?

Thanks,
    Chris
  6. Valeri Hristov
    Admin
    Valeri Hristov avatar
    2252 posts

Posted 29 Dec 2009 Link to this post

Hello Chris,

I suppose he meant Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows Features On and Off. In the treeview there is a node "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1".

All the best,
    Valeri Hristov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  7. Chris Boarman
    Chris Boarman avatar
    9 posts

Posted 31 Dec 2009 Link to this post

Valeri,

>I suppose he meant Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows Features On and Off. In the treeview there is a node >"Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1".

I tried this, including rebooting several times, but the problem remains. I cannot use the RadComboBox.

Thanks
    Chris 
  8. 4ward s.r.l.
    4ward s.r.l. avatar
    25 posts

Posted 03 Jan 2010 Link to this post

It happened again to me too and the trick did not work anymore. I have completely reinstalled Windows 7 64bit from scratch and now it's working.
UI for WPF is Visual Studio 2017 Ready