This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

StackOverflow exception with WPF Q2003 SP1

6 Answers 123 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
4ward s.r.l.
Top achievements
Rank 1
4ward s.r.l. asked on 11 Dec 2009, 09:08 AM
We have installed Q2003 SP1, but we are now getting StackOverflow Exception in WindowsBase.dll each time with click a RadComboBox.

All are defined as below:

<telerik:RadComboBox x:Name="InsurancePositionComboBox" IsEnabled="{Binding DataContext.IsEnabled, RelativeSource={RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorType={x:Type UserControl}}}" 
                           Grid.Row="4" Grid.Column="6" 
                           ItemsSource="{Binding DataContext.InsurancePositionItems,RelativeSource={RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorType={x:Type UserControl}}}" 
                           DisplayMemberPath="Name" 
                           SelectedValuePath="StakeholderId" 
                           SelectedValue="{Binding InsurancePositionId}" 
                           IsSynchronizedWithCurrentItem="True" Margin="10,0,0,0" Height="25" Width="170"
        </telerik:RadComboBox> 

Any idea ?

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyan
Telerik team
answered on 16 Dec 2009, 04:26 PM
Hi 4ward s.r.l.,

Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce the problem. Could you please open a support ticket and send us a sample project where this exception is thrown. This will greatly help us in investigating the issue. Thank you for your time and report.

Regards,
Boyan
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
4ward s.r.l.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Dec 2009, 01:14 PM
I did not find the root cuase of the problem but the solution in Windows 7 is turn off .NET 3.5.1, reboot, turn it on again.
Chris Boarman
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Dec 2009, 11:38 PM
4ward s.r.l:

What do you mean by "turn off .NET 3.5.1, reboot, turn it on again". How does one "turn off" .NET 3.5.1?

Thanks,
Chris
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 29 Dec 2009, 11:15 AM
Hello Chris,

I suppose he meant Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows Features On and Off. In the treeview there is a node "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1".

All the best,
Valeri Hristov
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Chris Boarman
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Dec 2009, 07:57 PM
Valeri,

>I suppose he meant Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows Features On and Off. In the treeview there is a node >"Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1".

I tried this, including rebooting several times, but the problem remains. I cannot use the RadComboBox.

Thanks
Chris 
4ward s.r.l.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jan 2010, 08:30 PM
It happened again to me too and the trick did not work anymore. I have completely reinstalled Windows 7 64bit from scratch and now it's working.
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
4ward s.r.l.
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boyan
Telerik team
4ward s.r.l.
Top achievements
Rank 1