This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

SSAS 2012 and PivotGrid OLAP connection trouble

3 Answers 130 Views
PivotGrid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 2
Erik asked on 21 Oct 2013, 04:25 PM

I am having trouble getting the Q3 2013 PivotGrid (most recent release) to display data from the Pivot Grid control.

My pivot grid definition (I have no code-behind related to it) is below, along with some code I have in the PageLoad function of the page.  The code from the PageLoad function works fine, but I can't seem to get anything to display in the PivotGrid.  According to the SQL 2012 docs, we don't need to use msmdpump.dll anymore for remote access.  Is that part of my problem? 

I have the Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient (v11) referenced and in the bin folder of the web site.

Pivot Grid code:

<telerik:RadPivotGrid ID="RadPivotGrid1" runat="server">
        <PagerStyle ChangePageSizeButtonToolTip="Change Page Size" PageSizeControlType="RadComboBox"/>

<OlapSettings ProviderType="Adomd">
            <AdomdConnectionSettings 
                Cube="UtilitySmart" 
                Database="UtilitySmart" 
                ConnectionString="Data Source=SERVERNAME; Catalog=UtilitySmart;">
            </AdomdConnectionSettings>

</OlapSettings>

<Fields>
            <telerik:PivotGridRowField DataField="[Dim Utility Smart Property].[Portfolio]" Caption="Portfolio" UniqueName="Portfolio"/>
            <telerik:PivotGridAggregateField DataField="[Measures].[AmtPaid]" Caption="Amount Paid" UniqueName="AmtPaid"/>
        </Fields>       

<ConfigurationPanelSettings EnableOlapTreeViewLoadOnDemand="True" LayoutType="OneByFour"/>
    </telerik:RadPivotGrid>

PageLoad code:

var conn = new AdomdConnection("Data Source=SERVERNAME;Catalog=UtilitySmart;");
               conn.Open();

var cmd = new AdomdCommand("SELECT [Dim Utility Smart Property].[Portfolio].Members ON ROWS, [Measures].[Amt Paid] ON COLUMNS FROM [UtilitySmart] ", conn);

var resultObj = cmd.Execute();

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 24 Oct 2013, 10:07 AM
Hello Erik,

RadPivotGrid supports only version10 of the MS Adomd provider. More information on that and the format of the connection string can be found here:
http://www.telerik.com/help/wpf/radpivotgrid-data-adomd.html (the help topic concerns the wpf counterpart of RadPivotGrid but the data-engine is the same as the one used by the ajax one)

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Tsvetoslav
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Oct 2013, 02:10 PM

Thanks Tsvetoslav.  That helps.

Do you have any insight when v11 will be supported?  Also -- how about Tabular structures in SSAS?  Is that something that is also coming?

Antonio Stoilkov
Telerik team
answered on 29 Oct 2013, 08:50 AM
Hi Erik,

Unfortunately, currently there are no plans for supporting version 11 of the MS ADOMD provider. Additionally, could you provide more information on what type of Tabular SSAS structure are you using? For example you could take a look at the demo below which shows the TabularMode. Note that the demo is from the Telerik Silverlight controls but we are both using the same pivot engine.

Regards,
Antonio Stoilkov
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
PivotGrid
Asked by
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 2