This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

SQlDataSourceParameterCollection error after upgrading to 5.3.12.119

6 Answers 267 Views
Report Designer (standalone)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ganesh Shivshankar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ganesh Shivshankar asked on 27 Jun 2012, 10:36 AM
Hi,

I just installed version 5.3.12.119 in my windows 7 machine. Now when I open reports which have a sqldatasource i get this error in the designer

"Object of type 'Telerik.Reporting.SqlDataSourceParameterCollection' cannot be converted to type 'Telerik.Reporting.SqlDataSourceParameterCollection'. "

Not sure how to fix this. I have restarted my machine and tried as well. Need help on this urgently!

Thanks.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jun 2012, 10:39 AM
Hello Ganesh,

Open the .resx file of the report as xml and delete the base64 encoded values i.e. delete the whole:

<data name="XXXXX_SQLDataSource.DefaultValues" mimetype="application/x-microsoft.net.object.binary.base64">
</data>

section. Close the report designer (if any open) and rebuild your solution.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team

FREE WEBINAR ON THE NEW REPORT DESIGNER! Join us on Friday, June 29 at 10:00 AM PST for a comprehensive demo of the official version of the standalone Report Designer and find out how easy it is to empower your users with creating, editing and sharing ad-hoc reports. You may even win a free Telerik Ultimate Collection license! Register today >>

Ganesh Shivshankar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jun 2012, 10:44 AM
HI Steve,

That worked! Thanks a ton. I hope this wont be a problem when opening this report in Windows XP machine or running it on Windows server?

Thanks.

Steve
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jun 2012, 10:48 AM
Hi Ganesh,

You should not have any problem opening those reports on another machine.

All the best,
Steve
the Telerik team

FREE WEBINAR ON THE NEW REPORT DESIGNER! Join us on Friday, June 29 at 10:00 AM PST for a comprehensive demo of the official version of the standalone Report Designer and find out how easy it is to empower your users with creating, editing and sharing ad-hoc reports. You may even win a free Telerik Ultimate Collection license! Register today >>

Ganesh Shivshankar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jun 2012, 10:51 AM
Great! Thanks Steve,

Just curious to know why this happened in the first place. Never faced this issue when upgrading previously.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jun 2012, 02:44 PM
Hi Ganesh,

This was a problem we have addressed in newer versions by utilizing the Upgrade Wizard.

All the best,
Steve
the Telerik team

Fridli Jacober
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jun 2015, 09:25 AM

Thank you! Similar/Same problem here with Telerik Q1 2015 / VS 2015 RC and no Upgrade wizard available (which I think wouldn't have solved our problem anyway).

Global search and replace solved the issue: <metadata.*DefaultValues" mimetype="application/x-microsoft.net.object.binary.base64">(.|\n)*?</metadata>

Tags
Report Designer (standalone)
Asked by
Ganesh Shivshankar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Ganesh Shivshankar
Top achievements
Rank 1