This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

SQL Server 2008 Date type.

7 Answers 148 Views
Databases and Data Types
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Alexey
Top achievements
Rank 2
Alexey asked on 09 Nov 2008, 09:13 AM
Do u support SQL Server 2008 Date type? When I've tried to generate POCO classes Open Access ORM generator interpreted date fields as string properties.

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Thomas
Telerik team
answered on 10 Nov 2008, 09:24 AM
Hello Alexey,

currently we don't yet support the SQL 2008 specific data types. This is on our plan and support for this will be included in one of the next releases.

All the best,
Thomas
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Liam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Feb 2009, 12:35 PM
I have a similar problem on a project I am currently working on.

Can you confirm (a) when the next release is due and (b) will support for the sql 2008 date types definitely be included.

In the meantime, any recommended workarounds ?

Thanks
Thomas
Telerik team
answered on 06 Feb 2009, 11:43 AM
Hi Liam,

we are providing support for the SQL2008 data types in the Q2 release. Unfortunately, there is no easy workaround available at this time as the datatypes are not known to our runtime system yet.

Kind regards,
Thomas
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Myth
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Feb 2010, 08:18 AM
Hello,

Any updates on this issue? I'm using the latest release and am still only able to choose String as datatype for a ms sql 2008 Date type.

Thanks in advance
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 26 Feb 2010, 01:51 PM
Hi Myth,
As Thomas said, we will implement this for the Q2 release. The plans are to have it available in the summer.

Best wishes,
Jan Blessenohl
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Myth
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Feb 2010, 01:54 PM
Yes, but Thomas said so on  Feb 6, 2009. So i figured by Q2 he meant the summer of 2009, not 2010.
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 02 Mar 2010, 10:56 PM
Hello Myth,
Oh what a shame, you are absolutely right. It is on our plans for some time now. This time I am sure that we will implement it ASAP after the q1 release. I know that this is a big functionality lack.

Best wishes,
Jan Blessenohl
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Databases and Data Types
Asked by
Alexey
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Thomas
Telerik team
Liam
Top achievements
Rank 1