This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

splitter in Usercontrol

1 Answer 52 Views
Splitter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jason asked on 03 Mar 2014, 04:23 PM
Dear Sir

I have problem on splitter in User control. 

I use radgrid and pop up a user control (ucA) for editing. In this  user control(uc A), I have another user control (ucB) which have a radsplitter as top level. 

I tried wrap a div with width and height in percentage or px to ucB in ucA, The radsplitter rendered with wrong width and height.  it totally ignores the Div in ucA.

When I can the client page of source code, I fount it sets the width to the radgrid width. 

Summary: the radsplitter in user control can't response the host width.

Please let me know how to solve this.

Thank you very much.

Jason

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 04 Mar 2014, 07:26 AM
Hi Jason,

When you want a Splitter to take size in percentages, you have to make sure that all of its parent also have  size configured in percentages (up to a parent with a fixed size). Do you experience the same issue when you set a fixed hight to the Splitter's wrapping div? If no, most probably there is any parent which size is not configured. This is not anything specific for the Splitter, but is a general HTML behavior.

I would suggest that you review the online resources where you ca find detailed explanation on how to configure a Splitter properly:
    Filling the Entire Page
    Specifying Size
    Resize with Window

If  you still experience the described issue after applying the configurations from the articles above, I will need to examine you markup in order to see what is causing the issue. You can see how to prepare a sample fully runnable project in the following blog post: Isolating a problem in a sample project

Kind regards,
Veselina Raykova
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the UI for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
Splitter
Asked by
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vessy
Telerik team
Share this question
or