SpellCheck error used with RadEditor

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Trevor
    Trevor avatar
    5 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2008

    Posted 30 Apr 2008 Link to this post

    I am running IIS 6 on Windows 2003 Server. I am attempting to integrate the new "Prometheus" controls into a page that currently uses the Q3 2007 controls. Using the older controls, the spell checking works fine. Using Prometheus, it does not.

    I have gone through the documentation several times and can find nothing in the configuration that I've missed. I've also cut-and-pasted the sample from the following link and it doesn't work:
    http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bcdthd.aspx

    Here are the steps I've gone through to set this up:
    1.) Installed Prometheus suite and copied Telerik.Web.UI.dll to my website's \bin directory.
    2.) Installed the appropriate dictionary files in \App_Data
    3.) Installed the appropriate resource files in \App_GlobalResources
    4.) I'm using the same ToolsFile.xml file as before which declares the SpellCheck tool like so:
    <tools name="MainToolbar" isribbon="false" dockable="true">  
        <tool name="AjaxSpellCheck"/><!-- also tried "SpellCheck" as a value here --> 
        <!-- more tools --> 
    </tools> 

    5.) Placed the following entries in <httpHandlers> portion of the web.config:
    <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI" /> 
    <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler, Telerik.Web.UI" /> 
    I have removed the old declaration to use RadSpell.Net2 for spell-checking.

    6.) In my page, I have registered the control like so:
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %> 

    7.) Finally, here's the markup from my aspx page showing how I've declared the control:
    <telerik:RadEditor runat="server" ID="RadEditor1" Skin="Office2007" ToolsFile="~/RadControls/Editor/Tools/ToolsFile.xml">  
        <Languages> 
            <telerik:SpellCheckerLanguage Code="en-US" Title="English" /> 
        </Languages> 
    </telerik:RadEditor> 

    I'm using IE 7. When the page loads, the editor is there and works fine for entering text. When I misspell a word and click the "SpellCheck" icon, I get a drop-down showing me "English" as an option. I click on "English" and get the following Javascript error:

    Line: 9546
    Char: 1
    Object doesn't support this property or method.

    If I remove the <Language> node from the RadEditor declaration and click the SpellCheck icon, I get the same behavior without the language dropdown.

    What in the heck am I missing?

    Thanks,
    Trevor
  2. Trevor
    Trevor avatar
    5 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2008

    Posted 30 Apr 2008 Link to this post

    I figured out the problem. You cannot have multiple versions of the RadEditor control on the same page. They conflict with one another somehow.

    I created a plain "Testing.aspx" page with nothing on it but a ScriptManager and the new "Prometheus" Editor control. The spell checking worked fine. As soon as I dropped a version of the Editor from Q3 2007, the spell checker stopped working.

    In my original page, now that I've converted all of the Editor controls to be the most recent, the spell checking works.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
Back to Top