This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Spell check Server Error 500

2 Answers 66 Views
Spell
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jon asked on 17 Nov 2009, 03:48 PM
Hi,

I'm using the spellchecker on a form and am checking 3 textboxes.  It works OK on the development PC but on the server when running live the spellchecker window appears but I then get a standard IE alert window detailing a Server Error 500.  Exception details as below:

Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection.

Has anyone encountered this one before or could point me in the right direction?

Regards,

Jon

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 20 Nov 2009, 09:49 AM
Hi Jon,

The problem could be due to some incorrect string added to the custom text dictionary. Could you please delete the custom dictionary and see whether the problem still persists?

Another reason for the problem could be due a folder or a dictionary read permission problem.

My suggestions is to also search in Google for this error and try the suggestions for permissions provide in the different articles.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Nov 2009, 08:48 AM
Hi Rumen,

Many thanks for that,  I should have tried that first as when I deleted the custom dictionary and then uploaded the files again all was OK.  Now to get the GB rather than US dictionary installed and all done!

Best Regards,

Jon
Tags
Spell
Asked by
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Jon