Spell check Inside RadWindow

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Sean
    Sean avatar
    10 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2009

    Posted 21 Mar 2011 Link to this post

    Hello,
    I'm wondering if I could get some assistance or an answer on making the RadSpell control work with a textbox that's inside a RadWindow.  I am using Q1 2011 controls, and have it working, but only when running in debug from Visual Studio 2010.  I'm trying to build a sample application but now when I click the Spell Check button nothing happens.  No error message (local or in the event viewer).  We are trying to use the RadWindow as a simple popup "Contact Us" type form and would like to add spell checking functionality, is this possible?  I will try to attach a sample project, but wanted to pose the question first.

    Thanks,
    Sean
  2. Sean
    Sean avatar
    10 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2009

    Posted 21 Mar 2011 Link to this post

    Well, I guess i can't post a sample project in the forums.  I have a working example when run from the local IDE but when published it does not work.  Any assistance would greatly be appreciated.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Sean
    Sean avatar
    10 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2009

    Posted 21 Mar 2011 Link to this post

    Ok,

    Kind of answering my own questions here.  I've got it to work on the remote server finally.  I finally found an error in the event log saying that the dictionary was not loaded.  So I set the dictionary path to ~/bin/App_Data/RadSpell and set the copy to output directory to copy always.  The error stated that I needed to set the dictionary path to ~/App_Data/RadSpell/  however that did not work.

    I'm curious as to why this works out of the box in the IDE but when publishing it breaks.  I would think that once dragging the spell control and registering it in the web config would pull any necessary supporting objects with it and make them publish correctly.

    Any Thoughts?

    Thanks
    Sean
  5. Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    12846 posts

    Posted 23 Mar 2011 Link to this post

    Hello Sean,

    I am glad that you solved the problem on your end,

    By default the DictionaryPath property points to the ~/App_Data/RadSpell location. It is possible that the ~/App_Data/RadSpell folder resides on the local machine and for that reason the spellchecker is able to find its dictionaries. When deployed the precompiled site does not have a ~/App_Data/RadSpell folder and for this reason the spellchecker is unable to locate the TDF files. For that reason the developer should set the DictionaryPath property to point to the ~/bin/App_Data/RadSpell.

    Best regards,
    Rumen
    the Telerik team
Back to Top