This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Speed Slowdown Using SP2010.3.10.1215

4 Answers 47 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dave Galligher
Top achievements
Rank 2
Dave Galligher asked on 14 Jan 2011, 05:43 PM
I recently just upgraded my library by doing the service pack upgraded from 2010.2.10.806 to take advantage of some of the additional functionality that has been added since I originally installed my library and am having tremendous loss of functionality since doing the upgrade - things that took milliseconds to perform now takes minutes, scrolling is an exercise in frustration and patience.

I am running a dual core processor box and can see the CPU usage get pegged quite highly when doing just a simple scroll to the left or right with no data in the grid - there are 363 columns with various groupings of the columns. I have also tried with additional scenarios where the column layout is not so large - same issue - encountered.

Applications compiled with the new library, I'm only using the radgridview and the radbutton control, is causing such a delay in the system it slows down the entire box - so much to the point on clicking on the exit button of the app takes minutes, meanwhile the CPUs are going crazy with activity. Please let me know where I can send a zipped version of the project, even though this is a very simple applicaiton, the code is a little long to cut and paste here - various column types, etc.

I would appreciate any assistance on solving this problem. It is important to note that the exact same code using the previous library was fast. There  were problems with the last column being cut off when certain columns are visible and invisible, grouping issues, miscellaneous issues reported on other threads, etc. but this has created such an issue with speed I have no choice but go back to the previous library.

Thank you.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jan 2011, 08:20 AM
Hello,

Please send us this project (via support ticket) to see what is going on. 

Best wishes,
Vlad
the Telerik team
Let us know about your Windows Phone 7 application built with RadControls and we will help you promote it. Learn more>>
Dave Galligher
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Jan 2011, 06:56 PM
Can you provide additional information on attaching a file to the support ticket? The option below only allows for 2MB: max total size of all attached files. Allowed extensions: .gif, .jpg, jpeg, .png. None of these options allow for a zip file, and when I try to attach the zip file to this response, it informs me 'File is not of correct type. Try again.' I have not received an e-mail from support telling me what the incident number is either.

How about an e-mail to my account connected with my user name. It will be a zip file with all project files demoing the exact problem. If somehow I am missing something, please explain.

Thank you.
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jan 2011, 08:10 AM
Hi,

Such attachments are allowed only in our forum threads (like this one). When you open support ticket you will be able to attach desired zip. 

Greetings,
Vlad
the Telerik team
Let us know about your Windows Phone 7 application built with RadControls and we will help you promote it. Learn more>>
Dave Galligher
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 18 Jan 2011, 06:20 PM
Thank you, I just created the ticket. I would like to state the forum 'submit a support ticket' option is very confusing. Special thanks also to Richard Slade for helping me with this.

It leads a person to believe that an individual can create the ticket from the forum, but you can not. You must login into your account first and generate the ticket from there. The option here allows for images to be attached.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Dave Galligher
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Vlad
Telerik team
Dave Galligher
Top achievements
Rank 2