This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

SP2010 Radeditormoss does not uninstall

10 Answers 54 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nico
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nico asked on 09 Jan 2012, 12:19 PM
Dear reader,

I have a deploy script accidentally deploying the radeditormoss.wsp to a SP2010 farm.
On my user acceptance this lead to some display problems. Retracting the solution solved it.
On the production this is not the case - I did some deploying/retracting/iisesetting in the hope it would solve the problem but no luck.
See the picture for the result

http://twitpic.com/856slo 

Can not find anything quickly in the ULS. The screenshot is from a list where in the column the setting is enhanced rich text editor.

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nico
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Jan 2012, 03:22 PM
It seems the problem is related to not loading the CSS sprite rtecluster.png with correct options for only dispaying one icon instead of the whole map - dont yet understand why

Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jan 2012, 08:40 AM
Hello,

Could you confirm which version or RadEditor for MOSS are you using? Is it 5.x.x, which is designed for MOSS, or 6.x.x, which is the version for SP2010?

Also explain in what scenario the issue occurs? Is it WCM, WebPart, or list editing?
If you want to disable the usage of RadEditor for SP, you can also deactivate the features. Review the following two articles:
Using RadEditor in List Items
Using RadEditor in Web Content Management scenario

Regards,
Stanimir
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Nico
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jan 2012, 12:31 PM
Dear Stanimir,

the one used for moss. I followed all instructions and deleted accordingly.

I am though left with a disfunctional CSS sprite rtecluster.png - it load the image /_layouts/1033/images/rtecluster.png but not the coordinated to lead a specific part of the sprite - so the CSS is not working properly.
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jan 2012, 08:40 AM
Hello,

In order to help you further I will need the answers the following questions:

1. What version of the control are you using? You should know that the only version, which is supported inSharePoint 2010 is RadEditor for SharePoint 2010 6.x.x.
  2. In what scenario the problem appears? Wcm, WebPart, list, or a custom usage of SPRadEditor?

All the best,
Stanimir
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Nico
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jan 2012, 09:16 AM
ad 1. I know, I just tried the free radeditormoss version. If there is also a free version for 2010 let me know and I will install that.
I did uninstall the rededitor as it did not work properly in 2010 but am left with this issue

ad 2. Ever list that has a column that uses a Rich Text Editing field (enhanced rich text editing). The CSS sprite rtecluster.png is loaded without any positional tags to pick the right image out of the sprite.

I guess it is just an issue of a messed up CSS. NB! This is only in V3 interface under 2010 V4 interface (OOTB) does not have that problem.
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jan 2012, 09:14 AM
Hello,

You can try the free trial version of RadEditor for SharePoint 2010. You can find it in the following location: http://www.telerik.com/account/your-products/trial-product-versions/trial-single-download.aspx?pmvid=2665&pid=561

Stanimir
the Telerik team
Nico
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jan 2012, 10:29 AM
Are you suggesting I should install and then uninstall this?

My objective is the get the RTE working again - not to spend USD 1000 on fixing the problem, just to return to the out of the box version.
If you or on any of your colleagues have a suggestion how to restore the RTE after deploying and retracting the radeditormoss.wsp on a SP2010 please let me kmow.
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jan 2012, 07:49 AM
Hi,

Could you provide me with a step by step instructions of how to reproduce your problem? Once I do this on our test server I will be able to help you further.

Greetings,
Stanimir
the Telerik team
Nico
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jan 2012, 09:45 AM
Okay. Here we go
1. Take a SP2007 installation, install radeditormoss. Create a list, add a column that has advanced rich text editor as its type > add an item
2. Take a clean SP2010, install radeditromoss (yes the v5 version for SP2007)
3. Do a database attach of the content database and upgrade it
4. Have a look at your list, the images for editing in the rich text editor should be messed up
5. Retract the radeditormoss solution, the same images are still messed up
6. Send a ticket to Telerik support ;-)
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jan 2012, 01:59 PM
Hi,

Here is what I suggest you to do:

1. Execute an iisreset command on the SharePoint server.
2. After uninstalling RadEditor for MOSS solution, check if there are any RadEditor related files in the c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\wpresources. If there are delete them.

If this does not help, Install the latest free trial version of RadEditor for SharePoint 2010 (6.2.1). Disable all the features, which start with Use RadEditor .... Uninstall the solution http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/moss-sp2010-uninstalling-editor.html. Check the mentioned above folder for RadEditorSharePoint releated files (delete them if there are any). Do an iisreset.

All the best,
Stanimir
the Telerik team
Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
Nico
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nico
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stanimir
Telerik team