ive started to use WCF and ORM, so ive created with the wizard all stuff needed, but now i have some problems and asks:
1. Why wizard can only created service for WEB? im using standalone WCF so i had to created web, than created with wizard files, than copy them to mine project and remove SVC file, maybe you could add a checkbox, and if its for standalone just dont create SVC file?? Because its working just fine when i copy them.
2. Ive got in standard all CRUD functions but, i cant search what i need (was also in another post by someone else)
3. Read is taking all reference also, is there a way to get only specific fields?? Because now when i got a table with 6 references and a lot of rows it takes to long to send them over WCF and i only need for example ID,description and date, not all 30 fields, and 6 other tables.
AND most frustrating for me, but related to ORM reverse mapping:
1. I really want to throw mine PC over a window when i make reverse mapping, because, ive got over 80 tables, few of them got 15 references, and for example 6 of them are referenced for same table like: mainmanager, mainprogrammer,programmer etc. And ive got in wizard user,user1,user2,user3,user4,user5.... i mean wtf? they got their names why cant u make for example mainmanagerUser,mainprogrammerUser etc? or when i change them manually (not a problem IF I MAKE IT ONCE) to save this definitions, because now when i update something in mine database i need to change everything again manually, same for autoinc with mysql.
2. CS files another stupid thing in mine opinion, its creating just fine when u got it first time. Than you make update to your database add field, remove field, change name etc just normal operation in every project. And cs file only got new fields, removed are still there if u change type its not changed etc, etc,etc I know that you are making it because user can add something to this files and you dont whant to touch it, but i think 80% users got their own functions in other files. So basically you need to delete all created by ORM files and create them again with wizard, OHH wait u can't because you are source controlled!! so you need to del files, checkin and than create. It would be easy to resolve this problem, for example make user regions, so if there is #region DONT TOUCH, you wont touch it, and replace everything else, or make another checkbox "Replace all files".
Really both Data Services Wizard and ORM are great tools, really i would love to use them, but for me its only good if you got finished database, and you make it all only once, and we all know its not possible, because everything is changing.
And so after few days of playing with these tools i think im going back to mine custom ORM :(
But keep up the good job;) i really like your controls and i hope you will read mine post and maybe do something with it ;)