This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Slider Issue

10 Answers 86 Views
Splitter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nataraj
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nataraj asked on 09 Jul 2008, 09:02 AM
Hi,

Does RadSlidingPane inherit the Style properties of parent division?
Because i have a division with style set to "top:10%". I added a RadSlidingPane in that division and added a RadPanel to it. Now when i slide the Pane the Panel is shown at 10% below from the original position.
Why exactly is that happening? Any inputs?

Thanks,
Nataraj

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2008, 11:05 AM
Hello Nataraj,

I am not quite sure whether I understood you correctly. As far as I understood, you have an absolute positioned parent element of RadSplitter and the RadSlidingPanes position is affected of the parent settings.

If I am right, please upgrade to the latest, "Futures" build of RadControls, namely 2008.2.708 - this problem is fixed there. In case this is not what you meant, please provide a more detailed explanation.

Sincerely yours,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Nataraj
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jul 2008, 01:22 PM
Hi,

My client is upadated with R.A.D. Controls Suite for ASP.NET  Q2 2008. Does this version has the fix for the above problem?

Nataraj.
Sophy
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jul 2008, 03:42 PM
Hello Nataraj,

If the problem you experience is the one described in our last reply, it should be fixed in the latest update of the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX suite - Q2 2008. The official Q2 2008 release contains the new functionality and the fixes from the "Futures" release as well as some additional features and fixes.
Do you use RadSplitter for ASP.NET AJAX or you use RadSplitter for ASP.NET (the classic version of the control)? This forum thread is used for issues concerning RadSplitter for ASP.NET AJAX and the previously mentioned fix is related to the ASP.NET AJAX version of the control. If you use the classic RadSplitter, please, provide more details about the problem you experience as well as some code snippets which demonstrate the issue.  

All the best,
Sophy
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Nataraj
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jul 2008, 05:09 AM
Hi sophy,

I used the Rad Splitter Ajax control only. But can you give me a brief idea how exactly the Rad Splitter Asp.net ajax controls differs with Rad Splitter ASP.net control?

I have bothe version controls installed in my system. Will it cause any problem if i use controls belonging to different version in same web page.?(Ex:Adding a Rad PanelBar of Asp.net Ajax in a Rad sliding panel of Asp.net kind control)

Nataraj.
Sophy
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jul 2008, 06:40 AM
Hi Nataraj,

Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX is the successor of RadControls for ASP.NET. Just as ASP.NET AJAX is the future of ASP.NET, RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX is the future of RadControls for ASP.NET. Furthermore, the new suite of controls paves the way for seamless integration with the new Microsoft framework. The RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX suite is built on the top of ASP.NET AJAX and follow the ASP.NET AJAX conventions.
There should not be a problem using classic and asp.net ajax versions of the controls in one website. Nevertheless, we recommend using controls from one suite as they are designed and aimed to work together. What is more, we recommend using the  ASP.NET AJAX versions of  the controls as all future development and improvement will be concentrated on them and most of the bugs related to the ASP.NET versions are fixed in the ASP.NET AJAX ones.
Let us know in case you experience any other problems. We will be glad to help you.

All the best,
Sophy
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Nataraj
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jul 2008, 09:21 AM
Hi Sophy,

Thanks for the information. I am updating my RAD controls of Q1 to Q2 version. I will update my site also with the latest control tool set. I am mainly facing an issue with Rad grid, Rad sliding panel and Rad panel bar.

I will check if the issues are cleared after updating the site with latest controls. I will let you know if i face the issues.
As my website includes multiple Rad controls and Asp controls involved some times it is becoming very difficult to explain my issues. Is there any way to attach a JPEG image to a subsciption thread so that i can convey my problem in easier way?( i chekced for options, but i could not find)

Regards,
Nataraj
Sophy
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jul 2008, 11:04 AM
Hello Nataraj,

Our system does not allow to attach files in forum threads. To have the right to attach files you will need to open a support ticket. Please, download a trial version of the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX suite and you will have the right to open a support ticket. For your convenience I have attached a screenshot with instructions how to open a support ticket.
If you have other questions, do contact us again.

Kind regards,
Sophy
the Telerik team

Nataraj
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jul 2008, 01:02 PM
Hi Sophy,

I will install trail version to get access for "support tickets". I have downloaded Rad controls for Q2 Asp.Net Ajax. I have updated my website to use them also.

I am having small issue with a Rad PanelBar.I am explaining my issue below:

I added a Rad Panel Bar(Asp.net Ajax) on my page.
I have fixed the width to "200px". I applied "Vista" skin to it.
The Panel bar is dynamically binded to a dataset. Dataset has column with long names.
As the width is fixed to "200px" the longer strings are wrapped to next line. But the panel bar is not showing the complete string.I think it is fixing the height of individual item. I want to avoid this problem. And this is happening only in Parent level items. For the child items, if the text is long, the text is getting wrapped in next line and is shown clearly. But the skin colour is not getting applied to the text in the next line. Can i avoid this problem???

It is seriously noted as an UI look and feel issue. Please help me.

I have opened an thread for this same problem. But there are no responses. As i am getting quicker replies from you i am approaching you to ask the solution.

Regards,
Nataraj.
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jul 2008, 10:46 AM
Hello Nataraj,

You can fix the issue in the root items using the following CSS:
div.RadPanelBar_Vista .rpRootGroup .rpItem 
    background-color#E3F4FC
    background-position: 0 100%; 

div.RadPanelBar_Vista .rpGroup .rpItem, 
div.RadPanelBar_Vista .rpRootGroup .rpExpanded 
    background-color#fff

div.RadPanelBar_Vista .rpRootGroup .rpItem .rpLink 
    heightauto

div.RadPanelBar_Vista .rpGroup .rpLink 
    line-height14px

div.RadPanelBar_Vista .rpRootGroup .rpItem .rpText 
    line-height: inherit; 

Unfortunately, the background of the subgroup items is styled using an image and therefore, cannot be resized.

Best wishes,
Alex
the Telerik team

Nataraj
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jul 2008, 02:14 PM
Hi Alex,

Thanks you very very much. It solved my issue.I am bery much happy with the support you are providing.

Thanks and Regards,
Nataraj.
Tags
Splitter
Asked by
Nataraj
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
Nataraj