This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

SL ReportViewer Q1 2010 - XamlParseException

17 Answers 306 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brian Workman
Top achievements
Rank 2
Brian Workman asked on 11 Mar 2010, 02:39 AM
I installed Rad Silverlight and Reporting Q1 2010 to VS2010RC, updated all assembly references from Q3/09 to Q1/10, and upon adding SL ReportViewer the designer now throws a XamlParseException:  "The attribute RadComboBox.SelectionBoxItemTemplate is read only and cannot be set."  Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

<UserControl xmlns:my="clr-namespace:Telerik.ReportViewer.Silverlight;assembly=Telerik.ReportViewer.Silverlight" x:Class="Silverlight_Report_Viewer.MainPage" 
    xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" 
    xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" 
    xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008" 
    xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006" 
    mc:Ignorable="d" 
    d:DesignHeight="300" d:DesignWidth="400">  

<Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Background="White">  
        <my:ReportViewer Margin="0,0,0,0" Width="Auto" Height="Auto" Report="Reports.Report1, Reports, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" ReportServerUri="../ReportService.svc" /> 
    </Grid> 
</UserControl> 

Thanks,
-Brian

17 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 11 Mar 2010, 07:07 PM
Hi Brian,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately there is no way to work this issue around unless we fix the problem on our side. Tomorrow we will release an internal build of the Silverlight control suit that will contain fixed version of the ReportViewer themes and shortly after that we will prepare an updated version of the ReportViewer as well.

Once again please accept our apologies for the troubles caused.

Best wishes,
Svetoslav
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Charlie
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Mar 2010, 11:38 PM
I have the same problem as well.  When will there but new Silverlight 4 dlls?

Charlie J.
naip
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 12 Mar 2010, 10:46 AM
Hi Telerik,

same problem here: VS2008, SL3, RadSilverlight Q1 & Reporting Q1
The bugfix is still not available. Any news on this topic?

Regards,
Thomas
Pablo Tola
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Mar 2010, 04:38 PM
I downloaded the latest build where you claim this error is fixed but I'm still getting the error.
I need to publish an updated version of my application by monday, please help.
Nick Wood
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Mar 2010, 01:54 AM
Same issue here, any news on the update?
Accepted
Svetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 15 Mar 2010, 09:50 AM
Hi guys,

We would like to apologize once again for the troubles caused. Please check out the latest internal build that resolves this issue.

Kind regards,
Svetoslav
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Nick Wood
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Mar 2010, 10:41 AM
Yep, all fixed for me.

Thankyou very much
Hürcan Bulut
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Mar 2010, 11:16 AM
I have still the problem. I downloaded the Version 4.0.10.312 from the latest Internal Builds. Is this Version for Silverlight 4, there is nothing in the Description about that. I need it for Silverlight 3.
Nick Wood
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Mar 2010, 11:19 AM
Because you have to explicitly reference the dll for the silverlight report viewer, make sure that your reference points to the newly installed reportviewer dll.

I am using silverlight 3, I had this exact issue and this new build has fixed it for me, but I had to manually reference the new dll first.

Nick
Hürcan Bulut
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Mar 2010, 01:26 PM
Thx for your Answer Nick. My Dll's are already explicitly referenced. I deleted the references and added them again, still getting the same error. Any other suggestion.
Hürcan Bulut
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Mar 2010, 01:38 PM
K. i found my error, Updated Telerik.Windows.Controls to Version 2010.1.311.1030.
Svetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 15 Mar 2010, 01:45 PM
Hello Hürcan Bulut,

In case you use a non-default theme of the ReportViewer you should use the themes from the latest build of Telerik RadControls for Silverlight as well.

All the best,
Svetoslav
the Telerik team

Steve
Telerik team
answered on 17 Mar 2010, 06:43 PM
Hi Hürcan Bulut,

Just a quick follow up on the Silverlight 4 inquiry you posted - as outlined in our documentation and in the Telerik Reporting System Requirements page:
Currently we do not work with Silverlight 4 and we do not provide version of the product built against Silverlight 4.

All the best,
Steve
the Telerik team

Stephane
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Mar 2010, 08:55 PM
Hi Steve,

Can we expect a build that will work with Silverlight 4 soon?

Thanks,

Stephane
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 18 Mar 2010, 10:06 AM
Hello Stephane,

Once we do it would be reflected in our RoadMap, so keep an eye on it.

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

Steve Johnson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Mar 2010, 12:17 AM
I had the same problem, so I downloaded SL Controls 319 and Reporting 317. This enabled me to build and run the app without the exception; however the exception is still thrown in the studio designer and the Blend designer.  Any ideas? 
Steve Johnson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Mar 2010, 01:25 AM
Got it, my mistake!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Brian Workman
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by