This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Skins not available in VS 2010

8 Answers 139 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
William Higgins
Top achievements
Rank 2
William Higgins asked on 06 Aug 2012, 09:52 PM
Anyone having this issue in VS 2010 using a Telerik Web Application solution?
I have the telerik.web.ui.skins.dll referenced in my project and the only skin that is available to select is the default skin.
I just upgraded to radcontrols for ajax Q2 2012
I have attached some screen shots to showing the information.

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Behzad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Aug 2012, 07:46 AM
hi pals!

i have the same problem. please help me!!!!!!!
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 01:43 PM
Hello,

After you have skins assembly (Telerik.Web.Ui.Skins.dll) added in the Bin folder, you can try to build your VisualStudio project and restart it to reflect the changes.  Additional information on this matter can be found here.

Greetings,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Joseph
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Aug 2012, 12:18 AM
I have tried this and it does not apear to work.  Tried recompiling and restarting.  even started a new soluton and added it then closed and reopened still not found
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 03 Sep 2012, 08:50 AM
Hello Joseph,

Can you open a support ticket  and send us a runnable project which demonstrates the problem you are facing? We will review it locally and will get back to you with additional information.

All the best,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Larry
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Nov 2012, 03:27 PM
Having the same problem.  Any resolution on this?  Thanks.
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 15 Nov 2012, 05:43 PM
Hello Larry,

Can you make sure you are referencing the Telerik.Web.UI and Telerik.Web.UI.Skins assemblies from the same installation (i.e. they are the same version) and that the references are properly resolved in your application? You may need to rebuild the application or to restart VisualStudio.

Greetings,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
Steve Dobrioglo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Mar 2014, 08:53 PM
Same issue here.
Empty ASP.NET project from VS2010 template and no skins available, except default.
Both Telerik.Web.UI and Telerik.Web.UI.Skins DLLs are referenced (version 2014.1.225.40) and "Resolved" property value = True.

Any way to resolve this issue? Thanks.
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 14 Mar 2014, 12:43 PM
Hello Steve,

If Telerik.Web.UI.Skins DLLs already in the bin folder, you can try restarting the VS and this should help.

That is something that we examined few times. The Designer of VS is not loading the assembly properly, and it is an issue with the VS itself and not problem in our controls.
Sometimes it could actually resolve if you just right click on in the designer and choose "Refresh", but other times only restart helps.

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik

DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
William Higgins
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Behzad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Pavlina
Telerik team