Skins Issue (Only default is available)

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Rick
    Rick avatar
    33 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2014

    Posted 04 Dec 2014 Link to this post

    I am unable to see any other skins aside from the Default skin.  I am using Telerik Version 2014.3.1024.45

    I have Telerik.Web.UI.Skins in References and bin.  I have tried it just in bin and just in References as well.  I have rebooted Visual Studio after each attempt.

    When I go to the project Configuration Wizard, the Skin Packs list only shows Telerik.Web.UI which is grayed out.  The Default Skin box shows None and default.

    I don't know what else to do.  I haven't found any useful solutions in the forums.

  2. Rick
    Rick avatar
    33 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2014

    Posted 04 Dec 2014 in reply to Rick Link to this post

    For some reason, my skins was a different version than my Telerik.Web.UI.  I would copy the latest to the bin folder, but it was overwritten with an older version.

    I went into my references and saw that even though I picked from the list, the versions mismatched.  I removed them and browsed for the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\UI for ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2014\Bin40\

    Then building and restarting VS solved the issue and my Skins are back.
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner
  4. Eyup
    Eyup avatar
    2941 posts

    Posted 09 Dec 2014 Link to this post

    Hi Rick,

    Please make sure that the Skins dll assembly in your Bin folder have the correct version as the other Telerik dlls. You can go through the following articles for possible solutions:

    Hope this helps.


    Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

  5. Rick
    Rick avatar
    33 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2014

    Posted 10 Dec 2014 in reply to Eyup Link to this post

    They were different versions.  I copied the correct version in there, but building it would replace it.  Removed references and re-added and now it works.
Back to Top