Silverlight ScheduleView with CRM2011

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Balaji
    Balaji avatar
    3 posts

Posted 11 Jul 2012 Link to this post

Hi,

My requirement is to use ScheduleView in CRM 2011 Form and provide create, modify and delete operations of appointments. Below steps I followed to give a start and see the scheduleview in crm form:

1. Created an Silverlight Application in Visual Studio 2010
    2. Added the .XAP file to CRM 2011 form as XAP Web Resource

With the above two steps I am able to see the scheduleview control on CRM form.

Now I need to do the create, modify and delete operations of appointments.

Can anyone help me out to do this?

Thanks,
    Balaji
  2. Miroslav Nedyalkov
    Admin
    Miroslav Nedyalkov avatar
    1718 posts

Posted 17 Jul 2012 Link to this post

Hello Balaji,

The RadScheduleView supports the create, modify and delete operations out of the box if you use an ObservableCollection<Appointmnet> or any ObservableCollection<T> where T is a class with a parameterless constructor implementing the IAppointment interface as an AppointmentsSource. It doesn't support out-of-the-box integration with CRM 2011 and if any synchronization of the data source is needed you will need to implement it yourself.

Hope this information is helpful.

All the best,
    Miroslav Nedyalkov
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

3. DevCraft banner
  4. Julian
    Julian avatar
    3 posts

Posted 27 Jul 2012 Link to this post

For anyone else looking for CRM 2011 Silverlight integration, see the following blog post:
    http://crmtwenty11.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/using-crm-web-service-with-silverlight.html 

This approach was used extensively with the Telerik GridView and ScheduleView controls.

Thanks