This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

sharepoint 2010 RadGrid with ajax

3 Answers 50 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kuo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kuo asked on 14 May 2013, 11:39 AM

Hi All,

I customize a webpart in SharePoint 2010.

My webpart have a RadGrid to edit data from the DB.

And I put three dropdownlist controls in the grid row.

The problem is that

Everything is fine. After I add the ajaxManager scripts, than postback the page, the page display word doesn’t change.

Please do help me resolving this. I am using the trial version of Telerik.Web.UI.dll 2013.1.417.35

Please do send me a sample which does the similar functionality.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 15 May 2013, 12:16 PM
Hello Kuo,

Please ensure that you are adding the RadAjax correctly in the SP environment as there are some specifics which need to be followed. See the online resources below for more information on this matter:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/moss-create-ajax-enabled-sharepoint-webpart-radcontrols.html
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/sharepoint-2010/integrate-ajax-controls/telerik-ajax-issue-with-sharepoint-2010.aspx

All the best,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Kuo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 May 2013, 04:41 AM

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply.

We found that SharePoint 2010 has had a default ajaxManager. We can’t use the second one RadajaxManager that the RadControls uses.

Do you know how to resolve this issue? Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Marin
Telerik team
answered on 22 May 2013, 09:30 AM
Hi,

Can you specify what kind of ajax manager the Sharepoint uses by default in this case and the exact exception that has been thrown? Normally RadAjaxManager does not have compatibility issues with other controls, unless you have already explicitly added the same control in master page.
Also by following the code-behind approach of adding the RadAjaxManager to the web part class as shown in this forum thread the control will be added to the page only if it does not already exist there, so no duplication issues should arise in this case.
Another similar common error might happen if you are trying to add another script manager control when the master page already has one. But this is not directly related to the ajax manager control. In this case you simply avoid adding RadScriptManager if the master page already has script manager control.

Regards,
Marin
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Kuo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
Kuo
Top achievements
Rank 1