This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

SharePoint 2010 + Menu mouseover overlay

6 Answers 81 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kieran
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kieran asked on 07 Oct 2010, 01:00 AM
Hi,

I'm having a problem putting the RadMenu control into SharePoint 2010 because of its overlay behaviour. I'm looking to replace SharePoint's OOB navigation with the RadMenu, but it's not playing nicely with SharePoint's Site Actions menu. I've set the EnableOverlay property to false, however the overlay is still in effect if I mouseover any of the RadMenu's items.

I've attached some screenshots to demonstrate the problem. One shows all controls inactive (just for reference), one shows the Site Actions menu overlaying on top of the RadMenu control (this is how I want it to behave, hence setting EnableOverlay to false), then another showing the RadMenu in an active state overlaying on top of the Site Actions menu, which isn't the look I'm after.

Anybody have any tips for having the RadMenu always sit below the Site Actions menu? I'd also thought of trying something neat like if the RadMenu becomes active while the Site Actions menu is open, it closes the Site Actions menu, but I don't really have enough time on this project to delve into SharePoint's javascript actions.

Cheers

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kieran
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Oct 2010, 11:48 PM
Nobody has any ideas for fixing this? Happy to provide more information if needed.
Helen
Telerik team
answered on 12 Oct 2010, 12:45 PM
Hello Kieran,

Did you try to decrease the z-index property of RadMenu?

Greetings,
Helen
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Kieran
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Oct 2010, 05:24 AM
I played around with the z-index property for a few minutes but couldn't get it to behave the way I wanted.
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 19 Oct 2010, 01:09 PM

Please, make sure that the parent containers for your navigation systems have the proper z-index values. Also, make sure that you are not experiencing this known IE bug - http://therealcrisp.xs4all.nl/meuk/IE-zindexbug.html.

Greetings,
Peter
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Daniel Lisowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Apr 2011, 06:09 PM
I am having the same problem. My SiteActions fly-out menu is appearing below the telerik RadMenu. Playing with the z-index has not proved fruitful nor has the IE7 known CSS bug. I cannot get the SiteActions menu to appear above the RadMenu. Please help!
Helen
Telerik team
answered on 02 May 2011, 08:40 AM
Hello Daniel,

Could you please open a support ticket and send us a sample page(together with any external resources used) which demonstrates the problem to examine it locally?

Greetings,
Helen
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Tags
Menu
Asked by
Kieran
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kieran
Top achievements
Rank 1
Helen
Telerik team