This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

SharePoint 2010

7 Answers 129 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jim Allen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jim Allen asked on 25 Jun 2009, 12:54 AM
Hi, I am tyring to find out if there is there going to be a RadEditor for SharePoint 2010?

If so I presume it you will be able to migrate content from the RadEditor for 2007 to a 2010 Farm? If not will there be a migration path from the RadEditor for 2007 to the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 web part?

Thanks - Jim

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jun 2009, 07:07 AM
Hi Jim,

Yes, we intend to have RadEditor for SharePoint 2010.
Regarding the migration of the content, there was no problem of it between SharePoint 2003 and 2007. So I assume it will be no problem in 2010.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Jim Allen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jun 2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks Stanimir, it does help thanks. Do you know when the control will be available and if an early beta would be acessible so we could test migration.

Thanks - Jim
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jun 2009, 05:47 AM
Hello Jim,

Unfortunately I can not give you an exact estimation of when the control will be available.

All the best,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Jim Allen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Jun 2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks Stanimir,

We use the RadEditor on MOSS 2007 and have been working with Alpha and Beta releases of SharePoint 2010 for a while now. We would be happy to work with you as early adopters / testers of the RadEditor for 2010.

Feel free to contact me directly

Regards - Jim
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jun 2009, 12:59 PM
Hi Jim,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will contact you when our developers team starts to work with SharePoint 2010.

Kind regards,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Charles Faramarzirad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 May 2010, 11:35 PM
Any News on the latest version of rad editor for SharePoint 2010.  I do understand that the new SharePoint rich text editor is a ribbon based editor.  Does Telerik have a replacement for that?

thanks
Charles
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 27 May 2010, 09:32 AM
Hello Charles,

We release a beta version of RadEditor for SharePoint 2010. In order to download it you can go to the Free Trials section of your account and click on the Beta RadEditor for Sharepoint 2010 webpart available link.

At this point the control works in Web Part and List scenarios. In order to make it work in WCM scenario the content area of the editor should be a DIV element and not IFRAME. This task which is scheduled for the next official release of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX.

All the best,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Jim Allen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stanimir
Telerik team
Jim Allen
Top achievements
Rank 1