This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Sharepoint 2007 intergration

7 Answers 284 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Thorarinn
Top achievements
Rank 1
Thorarinn asked on 04 Feb 2008, 04:28 PM
Hi

I'm having problems with customizing RadPanel skins with sharepoint 2007.

Is there a step by step tutorial on your site ?

Where do you normally store your custom skins ? and how do you make them active with sharepoint designer 2007 ?

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Paul
Telerik team
answered on 05 Feb 2008, 07:08 AM
Hi Thorarinn,

I suggest you take a look at our Integration Whitepaper for details on the matter.

In addition to the whitepaper, we also offer a full screencast, showing how to do both installation types - manual and automatic. The screencast is available here - http://www.telerik.com/clientsfiles/product.videos/radmenu.sharepoint.screencast/index.html
The part where automatic deployment is shown is available here - http://www.telerik.com/clientsfiles/product.videos/radmenu.sharepoint.screencast/AutomatedDeployment.swf

About your question - the skins are supposed to be in \RadControls\Menu\Skins\ (see attached screenshot).

Greetings,
Paul
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jul 2008, 02:37 PM
How does this apply to ASP.NET AJAX 2008?  The file structure seems to be diffrent so does this mean that you cannot use ASP.NET AJAX 2008 with Sharepoint?  If you can, how do you apply the styles?
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jul 2008, 02:43 PM
Hello Chris,

How to use RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX under Sharepoint environment you can learn from the 'Integrating RadControls in MOSS' chapter in the documentation:

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/introduction.html

Best regards,
Stephen
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jul 2008, 03:04 PM
I have actually followed these instructions.  I noticed that you have now integrated the standard styles into the main assembly.  So, you are using 1 assembly "Telerik.Web.UI.dll" instead of separate assemblies.  I am running into several issues with this standard in Sharepoint 2007. 

1.  I have a RadMenu to replace my left nav in Sharepoint.  No issues here as long as I use the standard styles.  What if I want to customize the styles?

2.  I really need to use a RadPanelBar instead of a RadMenu.  I applied the RadPanelBar to my masterpage and it seems to work in the Sharepoint Designer View, but when I publish it to my server, the PanelBarControl is not working at all.  I only get something like this for my navigation:

Level1
    - Level2
        -Level3
Level1

Is there some other setting I have to do to get the PanelBar to work?  In addition, if you tell me how to fix this, how do I customize the style for the PanelBar as well since the standards reside in the assembly now?

Thanks
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 01 Aug 2008, 08:00 AM
Hello Chris,

There is nothing specific with using RadPanelBar. It is very strange that it does not work provided RadMenu added to the same page is working as expected. Could you provide a live url where we can see this problem?

Regards,
Albert
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Robert Kozar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Feb 2009, 10:07 PM
I got this working from following the white paper, but its not working how i expected it to work.

Level1
- Child
- Child
-- childs child

I was expecting something like sharepoints menu
Level1 | Child | Child
                        -- Childs Child

eg Home | Search | Offices.

I tried setting these the flow properties to Horizontal but did not help my layout.

any ideas?
Paul
Telerik team
answered on 09 Feb 2009, 02:09 PM
Hi Robert,

I'd suggest you use the tabstrip control for you kind of navigation.

Kind regards,
Paul
the Telerik team

Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
Thorarinn
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Paul
Telerik team
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1