This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Setup on Windows Server 2008?

3 Answers 114 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob asked on 05 May 2008, 01:04 AM
Can somebody please provide step-by-step setup or deployment instructions for Windows Server 2008 clean install with Web Server and Application Server Roles already installed?

All of the Telerick documentation is out of date referring to VS2005 and previous versions of IIS...

This would be really appreciated as this is what I bought RadControls ASP.NET AJAX for and it was released after Windows Server 2008 so I would think that this would have been the standard target.

Cheers and Thanks in advance...

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Blaize
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 May 2008, 03:35 PM
There should be nothing special in win 2008 deployment as far as you set up the permissions properly...

Blaize
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 May 2008, 03:52 PM
Well the rest of the apps work fine both under Network Service and the local account except the RAD Controls which only work under the Windows local account but not Network Service.

Other than the entry for the httpHandler in the web.config web.server section and the addition to the GAC, I have added Network Service to the Telerik bin folder as well as the App_Data and App_GlobalResources folders.  What other permissions are needed?  Or can you post the link to the docs about this?  I have gone through the Deployment docs and they say very little...

Cheers in Advance,
Rob
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 May 2008, 08:11 PM
I copied a lot of stuff from the .NET35 web config on the demo project and it works now so i'm good to go.

But Telerik *really* needs a general step-by-step deployment guide for IIS7/Windows Server 2008.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Blaize
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements