Our installation package does not rely on knowing where the help library is located as it uses a the HelpLibManager.exe command-line tool for deployment.
Although I have no idea what the cause for the failure is on your system, we have identified a corrupt help library as a common cause for failure on a number of customers' systems. The issue was resolved by performing the following steps:
- Open C:\Program Files\Microsoft Help Viewer\v1.0\HelpLibManager.exe.config
- Set the FirstTimeRun value to True
- Open the "Help Library Manager" (in Visual Studio 2010, Help -> Manage Help Settings)
- Select Choose online or local helpSelect I want to use local help
- Try viewing the VS 2010 Help (Help -> View Help)
Let me know if that helps.
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed