Setting QDSCV FilterDescriptors

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Scott
    Scott avatar
    66 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2009

    Posted 07 Oct 2011 Link to this post

    I have been setting filter descriptors like the following:
    DDS.AutoLoad = false;
    DDS.FilterDescriptors.Clear();
    Telerik.Windows.Data.FilterDescriptor fd = new Telerik.Windows.Data.FilterDescriptor("Name", Telerik.Windows.Data.FilterOperator.Contains,
                                                                                             filter) { IsCaseSensitive = true };
    DDS.FilterDescriptors.Add(fd);
    DDS.AutoLoad = true;
    and it used to work. I updated to 2011 Q2 SP1 and now when the filter doesn't find any records in the query it throws an exception (attached). I'm beginning to question the right way to programatically alter a field descriptor's value and was hoping you could tell me if the above way is correct or not. If not what would be the correct way of altering a filter?
  2. Nedyalko Nikolov
    Admin
    Nedyalko Nikolov avatar
    871 posts

    Posted 12 Oct 2011 Link to this post

    Hello Scott,

    I've tried to reproduce the reported exception, unfortunately to no avail.
    I'm attaching my test application (requires Northwind database). Could you please take a look and let me know what I'm doing wrong?
    Thank you in advance.

    Regards,
    Nedyalko Nikolov
    the Telerik team

    Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Scott
    Scott avatar
    66 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2009

    Posted 12 Oct 2011 Link to this post

    Thanks for the help Nedyalko.

    All I needed to do is add a standard Silverlight DataForm to the MainPage.xaml like this.
    <controls:DataForm Grid.Row="2" ItemsSource="{Binding DataView, ElementName=rdds}" />

    If you want me to send you the broken project just email me.
  5. Nedyalko Nikolov
    Admin
    Nedyalko Nikolov avatar
    871 posts

    Posted 13 Oct 2011 Link to this post

    Hi Scott,

    I've managed to simulate the problem, and it is already fixed in our source code. The fix will be publicly available with next internal build (Monday 17 Oct).
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

    Kind regards,
    Nedyalko Nikolov
    the Telerik team

    Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Back to Top